[PC] Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Considered by many to be a WoW "killer" this game seems to be shaping up nicely. I personally applied for the BETA testing and am stilling waiting a response, I haven't been denied nor accepted yet. Discuss your thoughts:
Official Site:
Gameplays Vids (Three parter): / /

Rulling San d'Oria!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

A friend of mine got invited and played a bit on beta, he told me the game is just like WoW the only stuff that is diferent are the better grafics and diferent skill names =/

Master Summoner
Reaction score

I actually had a beta account before it got closed for letting some friends test the game out

Personally, I play WoW and I hated it. It was pretty buggy too, it could shape up to be better once its released and goes through time, but right now, not something I wanna play

Don't you mean Bizzarro!
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Didn't the original creators of WoW make this game? or some guy told me something like that. Also I thought there was a game called Age of Conan that was suppose to be a WoW killer

Fell In Love Without You
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Also I thought there was a game called Age of Conan that was suppose to be a WoW killer

It was a killer, apparently Blizzard lost 40% of their costumers due to Age of Conan, but they all came back, because funicom sucks balls and wont fix their bugs and glitches and I heard it lags a lot...in other words, the game is not finished yet.
I wish warhammer online comes to 360...dont want to upgrade pc..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Didn't the original creators of WoW make this game?

I'm pretty sure the original creators of WoW or atleast two of their Head Dev's created Guild Wars.

Though I'm still going to give this game ago atleast for a month or so.

Omega Male
Loyal Member
Reaction score

i think this is a LanGame like Warcraft
a half warlords battlecry and a half warcraft
hmm but i dunno the graphics
hope it is nice

Reaction score

WoW is actually a copy or warhammer ;)
"Why does WAR look like WoW!?"

Games Workshop, who designed the World of Warhammer back in 1983, took many ideas and impression from the work of Tolkien, as well as other European influence. The game Warhammer, while it has a dark under tone, has always had a little sense of humor. The art from the 80s was cartoonish, yet dark.

Mythic, in keeping with the basic art concept establish by Games Workshop, began to use their model and art that is nearly 25 years old to make the model for the MMOG. While the color texture may appear similar to WoW, the model design of the Dwarf and Orc is within the traditional style of Games Workshop's creation that has been around since 1983. The only similarity of the 2 games is truly that it shares the same level of color texture. The only game Mythic is copying is the work that has been in place by the artist that had worked for Games Workshop.

It is said that Blizzard tried to license Warhammer from Games Workshop back during the development of the original Warcraft. For whatever reason, the deal fell through. Instead of scratching the project, Blizzard made some modifications to the graphics and art, created their own backstory, and called it Warcraft, their own new IP. Hence, the two look extremely similar because one was actually based off of the other.
And I definitely like warhammer better than warcraft, anyway, check this new cinematics, if nothing at least their cinematics are amazing.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Would much rather have a 40k MMO than MORE fantasy Dangle-Plums.

40K would be much better, it would be similar to that starcraft MMO they cancelled a while back, hmm lvl 70 space marine, sounds tasty :happy:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Eldar in DoW = teh pwn.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Nope but I have a huge hardback background and strategy book from my 'ole beginner player's set.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Yeah i'll check them out, here's his official site btw for anyone that's looking for his stuff.

Back