Perfect world Item hex data.

*Creator Name (True / False). Leave it to default 2c000300 if there is none. The values is varies, the more words and complicated the name can be, the longer Creator Name Hex will be. Dont ask me the value or how to calculating it, its complex, Im not kidding.

And here's the tricky part, what I meant about fussy and messy how weapon and armor hex can be. Creator name, every single word creating another 8numbers of hex, Socket 00000000 means zero socket, once u change it to 01000000 which is 1 socket, you have to add another 00000000 in between of Socket and Add-on, if 2 sockets, means u have to add another 00000000 in the same order. And add-on, its complicated. I try not to think much about it since the hex editor is exist, thanks to "Goodlookinguy". But thats all the basic so far for weapon break down. Now for armor, erm... maybe next time.. lol..

Mmm, the name system is not hard. It's Little Endian encoded unicode.

byte - name type (02/03 is empty, 04 means name is there)
byte - name length (in bytes, not number of unicode characters)
short - each unicode character

For example the name Pikko would be this...
Code:
Hex Example| 040a 5000 6900 6b00 6b00 6f00
Big Endian |      0050 0069 006b 006b 006f
Decimal Val|   10   80  105  107  107  111
Unicode Val|         P    i    k    k    o

Now, on the other hand, the add-ons are quite strange. If you want to understand them fully, read my post on them: http://forum.ragezone.com/f694/item-hex-generator-711597/index4.html#post6765465

My hex generator does not generate add-ons correctly. That's because I made the discovery after I'd stopped working on it. However, I'm considering working on it again because I really don't like unfinished projects. It drives me crazier than anything else.

Note about name type: I believe that 02 and 03 stand for two different things. I think one stands for something dropped from a monster while the other is something given from the mail (not that it must have it, but that they may use it to differentiate between the two on official server).
 
Also be sure to check out the "Hex Code Guide By Drakaer.doc" on my release's "pw_dev.iso" :wink:

That guide is from 2010! Its so long ago now. I know I posted this somewhere but don't remember where but back in 2012 I started redoing the guide to make it easier to read. Its incomplete and full of mistakes but easier to read so I recommend using both my guides.



I should have trashed version 2 really and just wrote a short guide about generating directly from elements instead.

Also direct link to my original thread with my guide
http://forum.ragezone.com/f695/hexdata-guide-663918/

------------------------
crucifix
Don't forget to change it from 0000 to 0200 as well otherwise your daggers will be using str for damage and not dex as intended. I marked it incorrectly as "Ranged Type" in my guide since I didn't have dagger code back then.

Read more about it here.
http://forum.ragezone.com/f751/release-perfect-octet-editor-1-a-880375-post7339902/#post7339902
 
yea, and when 1.5.2 gets out we'll need another tool for NS/MF lol

...or create a configurable program that can adapt. I'm seriously considering finishing my program (note: considering...) and doing just that. Aside from the addons and names, everything else is pretty straightforward. Unless they make some sort of major change in the next version. I've been playing PWI lately and while they changed a lot on the surface, it doesn't look like they changed much of the underlying stuff, except the movement system. The new movement system seems to be bugged. That's besides the point though...
 
indeed that would be helpful.

The ability to add things to an ini as well as hard-coded things. so we could add NS/MF for example

Also nothing under the hood has changed, other than the engine got redone. the game even kept the laggy places.. THROUGH the engine remake..
 
...or create a configurable program that can adapt. I'm seriously considering finishing my program (note: considering...) and doing just that. Aside from the addons and names, everything else is pretty straightforward. Unless they make some sort of major change in the next version. I've been playing PWI lately and while they changed a lot on the surface, it doesn't look like they changed much of the underlying stuff, except the movement system. The new movement system seems to be bugged. That's besides the point though...

We beg you
crucifix - Perfect world Item hex data. - RaGEZONE Forums
 
Back