Permit

You're from texas, cool.

Getting your permit is extremely easy. I used the exact same book, still have my copy of it as well. Just read over the signs, go over right-of-way, know the traffic signals (dont forget about school bus signals) and how to enter/exit a road. Thats pretty much all that is on the permit test.

Check out these two links for practice tests, they'll help you out a lot. A lot of the questions in these two practice tests were on the actual permit test.

http://www.texasdrivereducation.us/practice-test.html
http://www.dmv.org/dmv-practice-tes...&testtype=DRIVERS LICENSE&testname=nationwide

Keep retaking them until you know every question on both of them. Don't stress out over the actual test too much. It's very simple. Where I took it, you could miss 9 out of 30 questions and still pass, I only missed 2. They were the ones about how fast you can go to stop within a certain amount of feet. =p

Oh, and nothing in the first chapter is on the test. That is all just information about the types of licenses and restrictions.
 
hey ron, in texas do you require to wait 6 months after getting a permit before taking the actual driving test? cause here in maryland, they need you to wait for 6 months after you past the test and then you can take the driving test.
 
How many days and hours do we need to attend driving school? Do we need the VOE when we get the permit or license? Is the vision test included? We need to score 70% on each test to past?

EDIT: Finally done with Right-Of-Way too confusing. Are the questions multiple choice?
 
I never went to a driving school. My dad told me everything I needed and I taught myself everything. I think the requirement for reading from the book is 6 hours then you can go take your permit test but I'm not sure. I did all this two years ago. =p

You'll need the VOE and a few other forms. Go to this site and scroll down to the needed forms part,

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administration/driver_licensing_control/parenttaught.htm

The test is multiple choice. You'll need to score at least a 70 to pass. If you pass, they should do a quick vision test, take your prints and you'll get your permit.

If you're not doing the parent taught program, I'd recommend to switch over to it instead of going to a classroom. A friend started the classes at the same time I started the parent taught program and I finished way before he did. The classrooms over-explain everything.
 
I heard it is 16 days and 2 hours each day. I am just going to get a handbook tomorrow. I don't get any of these right now. Until what chapter should I stop reading? Both tests are multiple choice?
 
I live in Texas and I went through driver's ed.
There is a written test over some **** after passing said test you get a shitty paper (enjoi not having more than one other person in the car). Then, there is a driving test over some **** after said drinvg test you can get a license which then expires in a year and must be renewed every year till you are 18; after which you get a new one at 21 that is sideways (opposite printed as its predicessor) and you can buy alcohol products.

Licenses are shitty. The only things you need it for are non-driving related things anyways =/
 
I live in Texas and I went through driver's ed.
There is a written test over some **** after passing said test you get a shitty paper (enjoi not having more than one other person in the car). Then, there is a driving test over some **** after said drinvg test you can get a license which then expires in a year and must be renewed every year till you are 18; after which you get a new one at 21 that is sideways (opposite printed as its predicessor) and you can buy alcohol products.

Licenses are shitty. The only things you need it for are non-driving related things anyways =/
Sounds like driving sucks in Texas!
 
Back