[PHP]Flash Game Site

Junior Spellweaver
Joined
Aug 2, 2008
Messages
167
Reaction score
6
Well look, I'm creating a website that contains flash games.
If someone uploads, the uploaded game will be registered at mysql, then a user searches the game and it will come a preview. You know, like in youtube, when you upload a vid and you searched the vid it will come with a pic.
For you to understand, I'll bring a pic here.
PostOfTheYear - [PHP]Flash Game Site - RaGEZONE Forums

I need help with it friends :D
 

Attachments

  • pic - [PHP]Flash Game Site - RaGEZONE Forums
    pic.webp
    4.8 KB · Views: 220
I have no idea how to do this but I can narrow your search.
You're looking for something that either, as flash generates an img or as html reads the flash and generates an img.
My suggestion is to make the flash make an image of the first scene or something of the sort. Course' I have no idea how to do either but those are my ideas ^_^
 
it might be related to JS, try searching youtube for some of their JSs and copy...
But... if you can't find one, just make the user upload a pic of the game..

Flash games are a bit different than a video because in a vid, you can select a random point, and in a flash game, you have to select a point where you can actually see how you play the game.
 
Youtube videos and flash games are entirely different things. Youtube just needs to take a picture inside the video, which isn't hard at all. The flash game sites upload a picture together with the game.
 
You can consider a temporary fix which is: auto-buffering. In this case the first frame will be presented.

Code:
<swf file="myMovie" stream="rtmp://server/app" action="swftools_flv_display" autoPlay="false" autoBuffering="true">
 
Back