Welcome!

Join our community of MMORPG enthusiasts and private server developers! By registering, you'll gain access to in-depth discussions on source codes, binaries, and the latest developments in MMORPG server files. Collaborate with like-minded individuals, explore tutorials, and share insights on building and optimizing private servers. Join us today and unlock the full potential of MMORPG server development!

Join Today!

[PHP] Login Tutorial / No Mysql / DarkCoder

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
My First tutorial on My New Series Of Php Tutorials.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbg4rfvW4WI

Discription:
Code:
Code: http://elitetactics.sytes.net/codes/index.php

Please rate and subscribe for more.
We would love it!

This is a php tutorial for people tpo login to a certain file or show a certain text.

%Tutorial
%PHP
%Html

Please Subscribe :)

Re: [RELEASE] PHP Login Tutorial / No Mysql / DarkCoder

very basic. should move to showcase

Pretty basic, also if you're passing stuff like passwords through a form, NEVER use get it's very unsafe. Use post instead.

Also, you're coding style is sloppy, it'll make your brain explode on big projects.

This is how I would code it:

PHP:
<form name='password' action="test1.php?" method="post">
Password: <input type="text" name="pass"><br />
<input type="submit" value="Go!">
<br /> </form>

<?php
$pass=$_POST['pass'];

if ($pass == "dark") {

echo "Password Correct.";

}
?>

Ahoj Foxx :)

Also, there are better ways of doing this, sessions etc. but good to learn the basics.

/page.php?pass=thisismypweveryonecankindaread

tis s mush betta, not like you need md5 when you're not saving it anywhere though.
PHP:
$pass = md5(ahoj);
$post = md5($_POST['pass']);

if($pass == $post)
{
echo "ok";
}
else
{
echo "wrong password, you fail";
}
OK... but what's the
PHP:
$pass = md5(ahoj);
there for?

o.O thanks dark.. Can use md5 or $post. But only other people the will see it are other people on the computer unless someonmess remote veiwing it.

That's the password, md5() is a php function which makes it encoded.

A little correction it's not encoding, cause md5 algorithm is one way, sayin other way, once you crypt ( scramble ) something with and md5 you won't decrypt it back, cause md5 is partly random and so far no one provided and inverse algorithm. And no brute force method does not count as a decryption cause always i can manage so complicated password that with brute force method you won't break it and your grand children still won't see the results.

Pretty basic, also if you're passing stuff like passwords through a form, NEVER use get it's very unsafe. Use post instead.

Also, you're coding style is sloppy, it'll make your brain explode on big projects.

This is how I would code it:

PHP:
<form name='password' action="test1.php?" method="post">
Password: <input type="text" name="pass"><br />
<input type="submit" value="Go!">
<br /> </form>

<?php
$pass=$_POST['pass'];

if ($pass == "dark") {

echo "Password Correct.";

}
?>
Wouldn't it be:
Password:<input type="text" name="password" />

No. In PHP or any coding language for that matter it's important to make your code as compact as possible while maintaining readability. That's why you should always abbreviate words if possible.

Also, notice how I called the form "Pass" and that I use $_POST['pass'] to get the contents of the form.

Back