- Joined
- Jul 12, 2008
- Messages
- 131
- Reaction score
- 6
I have a login script so that registered users can login. I also have a logout script....but the problem is everytime I click on the login page and login and I can login everytime. I want to script it so that if I try to login two times or more, then it say something like "You are already logged in". I don't want the user to stay logged in forever or anything like that, so maybe have a session expiration time?
I'm new to PHP, but I can read it and understand it. I'm learning step by step and I'm fascinated by PHP coding.
login form
form function
I'm new to PHP, but I can read it and understand it. I'm learning step by step and I'm fascinated by PHP coding.
login form
PHP:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
<title>Login Form</title>
<link href="loginmodule.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
</head>
<body>
<p> </p>
<form id="loginForm" name="loginForm" method="post" action="./login/login-exec.php">
<table width="300" border="0" align="center" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0">
<tr>
<td width="112"><b>Login</b></td>
<td width="188"><input name="login" type="text" class="textfield" id="login" /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><b>Password</b></td>
<td><input name="password" type="password" class="textfield" id="password" /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td> </td>
<td><input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Login" /></td>
</tr>
</table>
</form>
</body>
</html>
form function
PHP:
<?php
//Start session
session_start();
//Include database connection details
require_once('config.php');
//Array to store validation errors
$errmsg_arr = array();
//Validation error flag
$errflag = false;
//Connect to mysql server
$link = mysql_connect(DB_HOST, DB_USER, DB_PASSWORD);
if(!$link) {
die('Failed to connect to server: ' . mysql_error());
}
//Select database
$db = mysql_select_db(DB_DATABASE);
if(!$db) {
die("Unable to select database");
}
//Function to sanitize values received from the form. Prevents SQL injection
function clean($str) {
$str = @trim($str);
if(get_magic_quotes_gpc()) {
$str = stripslashes($str);
}
return mysql_real_escape_string($str);
}
//Sanitize the POST values
$login = clean($_POST['login']);
$password = clean($_POST['password']);
//Input Validations
if($login == '') {
$errmsg_arr[] = 'Login ID missing';
$errflag = true;
}
if($password == '') {
$errmsg_arr[] = 'Password missing';
$errflag = true;
}
//If there are input validations, redirect back to the login form
if($errflag) {
$_SESSION['ERRMSG_ARR'] = $errmsg_arr;
session_write_close();
header("location: login-form.php");
exit();
}
//Create query
$qry="SELECT * FROM members WHERE login='$login' AND passwd='".md5($_POST['password'])."'";
$result=mysql_query($qry);
//Check whether the query was successful or not
if($result) {
if(mysql_num_rows($result) == 1) {
//Login Successful
session_regenerate_id();
$member = mysql_fetch_assoc($result);
$_SESSION['SESS_MEMBER_ID'] = $member['member_id'];
$_SESSION['SESS_FIRST_NAME'] = $member['firstname'];
$_SESSION['SESS_LAST_NAME'] = $member['lastname'];
session_write_close();
header("location: member-index.php");
exit();
}else {
//Login failed
header("location: login-failed.php");
exit();
}
}else {
die("Query failed");
}
?>

