[Pokenet] AMAZING EVOLUTION !

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW looks really good , now what about the "connection" and sync ?
becouse that was a big issues after like 10-20Mins people would sync out or loss connection and get DC
 
20EWDJy - [Pokenet] AMAZING EVOLUTION ! - RaGEZONE Forums


Pallet town revamp, all the houses and signs are in the same spot, except for the lab, i had to move it down and over a few spots to give the distance between the houses a little more visually appealing. Remaking a few other maps later tomorrow.
 
So we might be able to get Gen 5 & 6 added

[4/21/2014 3:03:38 PM] Zeak: I been working on your pokemon shoddy , but i can't figure out the species.db sence isn't really a database file
[4/21/2014 3:04:08 PM] Cathy Fitzpatrick: i think it contains some serialised Java object
[4/21/2014 3:04:14 PM] Cathy Fitzpatrick: you can check the source for details
[4/21/2014 3:04:51 PM] Zeak: i checked the source but no clue what im looking for. it looks like it used to be a xml file of species
[4/21/2014 3:05:08 PM] Cathy Fitzpatrick: the xml stuff is pokemon lab / shoddy battle 2
[4/21/2014 3:05:13 PM] Cathy Fitzpatrick: species.db is a shoddy battle 1 thing
[4/21/2014 3:05:53 PM] Cathy Fitzpatrick: this is the format of java object serialisation
[4/21/2014 3:06:10 PM] Cathy Fitzpatrick: however, the easiest way to modify the database in shoddy battle 1 is with a mod file
[4/21/2014 3:06:20 PM] Cathy Fitzpatrick: i think thats what most people used back in the day
[4/21/2014 3:07:24 PM] Zeak: mod file ?
see im working on adding pokemon on Pokemon MMO which uses the Shoddy Battle system
[4/21/2014 3:08:32 PM] Zeak: this is the file im trying to edit

[4/21/2014 3:08:49 PM] Cathy Fitzpatrick: i know what you meant, and i've told you what it is
[4/21/2014 3:09:07 PM] Cathy Fitzpatrick: the usual way people added new species was with a mod file
[4/21/2014 3:09:28 PM] Cathy Fitzpatrick: it's a feature where you can specify a plaintext file that alters the database
[4/21/2014 3:10:20 PM] Cathy Fitzpatrick: i haven't looked at exactly how you are using the engine to be able to advise how you could use that

So what do you guys think ?
 
f0RCviQ - [Pokenet] AMAZING EVOLUTION ! - RaGEZONE Forums

route 1... all signs and npcs in the same spot, still need to test these to make sure no npcs pop up in collisions lol

zAIv6c1 - [Pokenet] AMAZING EVOLUTION ! - RaGEZONE Forums


viridian city, few buildings moved to make it more visually appealing, other than that, all signs and npcs are the same.
 
Last edited:
So we might be able to get Gen 5 & 6 added

[4/21/2014 3:03:38 PM] Zeak: I been working on your pokemon shoddy , but i can't figure out the species.db sence isn't really a database file
[4/21/2014 3:04:08 PM] Cathy Fitzpatrick: i think it contains some serialised Java object
[4/21/2014 3:04:14 PM] Cathy Fitzpatrick: you can check the source for details
[4/21/2014 3:04:51 PM] Zeak: i checked the source but no clue what im looking for. it looks like it used to be a xml file of species
[4/21/2014 3:05:08 PM] Cathy Fitzpatrick: the xml stuff is pokemon lab / shoddy battle 2
[4/21/2014 3:05:13 PM] Cathy Fitzpatrick: species.db is a shoddy battle 1 thing
[4/21/2014 3:05:53 PM] Cathy Fitzpatrick: this is the format of java object serialisation
[4/21/2014 3:06:10 PM] Cathy Fitzpatrick: however, the easiest way to modify the database in shoddy battle 1 is with a mod file
[4/21/2014 3:06:20 PM] Cathy Fitzpatrick: i think thats what most people used back in the day
[4/21/2014 3:07:24 PM] Zeak: mod file ?
see im working on adding pokemon on Pokemon MMO which uses the Shoddy Battle system
[4/21/2014 3:08:32 PM] Zeak: this is the file im trying to edit

[4/21/2014 3:08:49 PM] Cathy Fitzpatrick: i know what you meant, and i've told you what it is
[4/21/2014 3:09:07 PM] Cathy Fitzpatrick: the usual way people added new species was with a mod file
[4/21/2014 3:09:28 PM] Cathy Fitzpatrick: it's a feature where you can specify a plaintext file that alters the database
[4/21/2014 3:10:20 PM] Cathy Fitzpatrick: i haven't looked at exactly how you are using the engine to be able to advise how you could use that

So what do you guys think ?

I contacted Ms. Fitzpatrick last year actually regarding the same thing. She did most of the coding for Shoddy and that's what the original PokeNet developers used. I got basically the same answer.

I personally think that perhaps the best way to do it would be recode the entire way PokeNet reads the .db file and have it read off either a text file or xml. That way, it would be easy to add new Pokemon and/or modify. This would require someone with a lot more java knowledge and experience than me however, since I spent a good part of a week or two attempting to recode it. I simply don't have that knowledge however.
 
-DefaulT, I am amazed how the work is coming out so perfect, no words to describe the beautiful as the map is.

I contacted Ms. Fitzpatrick last year actually regarding the same thing. She did most of the coding for Shoddy and that's what the original PokeNet developers used. I got basically the same answer.

I personally think that perhaps the best way to do it would be recode the entire way PokeNet reads the .db file and have it read off either a text file or xml. That way, it would be easy to add new Pokemon and/or modify. This would require someone with a lot more java knowledge and experience than me however, since I spent a good part of a week or two attempting to recode it. I simply don't have that knowledge however.

Unfortunately my greatest knowledge is in C #, and as I said I think I'll do that later. For all I know the -DefaulT is giving a look to see if he can do it, let's hope some result from it.
 
-DefaulT, I am amazed how the work is coming out so perfect, no words to describe the beautiful as the map is.



Unfortunately my greatest knowledge is in C #, and as I said I think I'll do that later. For all I know the -DefaulT is giving a look to see if he can do it, let's hope some result from it.

As I said before, I can help with C# and some Java coding, I can make some external programs while u guys working on the bugs/design,

w/e you need, I'm here.
 
Thats a question I already asked via pm and the answer was no they wont release.

I think that's really a shame. The community could really benefit from a joint effort (and its not just these guys working on it) to enhance the source and give others an alternative and solid base to start their own servers.
 
Lucila - [Pokenet] AMAZING EVOLUTION ! - RaGEZONE Forums




Hellow guys! Now i show you a great work with my friend Arthur Padilha


VIDEO:



Features:
- classics features from pokemonium (pvp,trade,kanto,johto,hoenn,sinoh,sete islands, league, etc world poke)
- Fly Butom with you have a badges HOT
- Animated Battle HOT
- Pokemon Followers HOT
- Sync Buttom HOT
- Jesus Bug Fixed for ever. HOT


Update1:

Small pokemon folowers to big pokemons followers...
And a mini tour for kanto johto hoenn sinoh


Update 1.1
Hit-Shake in battle when a pokemon attack.
All credits to Arthur Padilha





Lucila - [Pokenet] AMAZING EVOLUTION ! - RaGEZONE Forums



Note:
- The mini-teleports in the video, is for the long distance between client<>server (Argentina - USA) .. but in short distance (national host) , this work fantastic !
- The bug music in video, is because i run two clients xD

this is all!
Please comment your opinion about the progress :)

​


Why the heck should we even support this ?
It's not like you guys are going to be releasing the source or anything...
So it looks like this will be going no-were again ....
We need to come as a community to get something actually working ....
And share it with all due to can't make money from it anyways unless someone changes pokemon to something else ....
 
I completely agree with Zeak. These guys are getting everyone to give them all this help and work and such when they are getting nothing in return, and using the source for their own gain. They aren't doing this for anyone but themselves and it's very clear of what their intentions are by not releasing the source and aiding the community - Who has been supporting and aiding them in a number of requests.
 
There is a rule That says "is an obligation to release the source code"?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back