Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Portabbo — The portable Habbo Retro setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bui

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hi guys!

Here I am releasing a small package of mine which I call Portabbo, a combination of portable and Habbo. (oh so clever)

What exactly do I mean? Well, this package includes everything you need to have a Habbo private server, already set up! Yes, even the database, the SWFs, emulator, etc.

So all you have to do to get it working is extract the folder to your C:\ drive (if you place it elsewhere you may have to edit some settings), run a batch file to start the web server, and open the emulator (Snowlight)!

There are a few things I need to mention about this:

• Portabbo will use ports 1162, 1163 (emulator), 80 (nginx), 3306 (MySQL) and 9000 (PHP-CGI). If you currently have a web server running you will need to stop it before you can use Portabbo by default. You can edit the ports if you want, however.
  • Portabbo is a development server, so you should not use this with a live hotel. Why?
    1. Snowlight is still a work-in-progress emulator, it will have missing features, and to be fair the pathfinder is pretty bad.
    2. This nginx setup has had no effort put into it, so you'll probably experience errors and such if you make it public.
    3. The CMS is just one file, when registering it doesn't check for spaces/invalid characters, it's not safe to use this publicly.

That's all I can think of right now. Anyway, here is a list of what Portabbo contains, for those who'd like to know:

• nginx 1.2
  • MySQL 5.5
  • PHP 5.4
  • phpMyAdmin 4.0
  • Snowlight Emulator
  • Snowlight Web Portal
  • Compatible r63 SWFs and furni, skimmed down c_images folder, valid gamedata

And here's a list of editable options for different programs, and where to find them.

nginx port 80
Edit this in /portabbo/nginx/conf/nginx.conf on line 14:

Code:
    listen 80 default;

Please note: If you edit this, you will have to edit all instances of localhost to localhost:port in the CMS, and variables. This isn't recommended, just turn off your current web server.

MySQL port 3306
Edit this in /portabbo/mysql/my.ini on lines 10 and 17:

Code:
port		= 3306

Please note: If you edit this, you will have to edit the used MySQL port in the emulator's configuration.

PHP port 9000
Edit this in /portabbo/start_server.bat on line 12:

Code:
RunHiddenConsole php\php-cgi.exe -b 127.0.0.1:9000 -c php\php.ini

And in /portabbo/nginx/conf/nginx.conf on line 22:

Code:
      fastcgi_pass 127.0.0.1:9000;

Snowlight port 1162/1163
Edit this in /portabbo/snowlight/emulator/data/server-main.cfg on lines 26 and 28:

Code:
net.bind.port=1162

net.cmd.bind.port=1163

The database has a test account I created with the account name and character name Yotsuba, the password is snow.

Oh, and here is the root MySQL password.

Code:
fyYw8LZRdNfhGxXJ

So how the hell do I start this thing once I downloaded it?

1. Extract the portabbo folder to C:/
  2. Run start_server.bat
  3. Accept any firewall windows that show
  4. Run Snowlight.exe in /snowlight/emulator

And that's you done! You can now visit localhost to create a character and enter the client.

I have also included Snowlight's source inside the source folder, so you can make changes if you feel like it ^^

Screenshots?

Here you go!

Bui - Portabbo — The portable Habbo Retro setup - RaGEZONE Forums

Want to see a screenshot of anything specific? Just ask!

Download

Here is the download link:

Well, I think I have covered everything I need to.

If you have any questions, or if you have any problems related to Portabbo, please post them in this thread so I can help you.

Thanks for reading, and enjoy.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I hope you know.
That snowlight is not a stable version of Habbo.
And it is nit fully coded.
It doesnt have all features. So you need to add lots of them.

Greetz,

Bui

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I hope you know.
That snowlight is not a stable version of Habbo.
And it is nit fully coded.
It doesnt have all features. So you need to add lots of them.

Greetz,

I know, I mentioned this. That's a reason why it's not suitable for live use. This was released for people who want their own retro without any effort.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I know, I mentioned this. That's a reason why it's not suitable for live use. This was released for people who want their own retro without any effort.

This is a good way to support people programming their own emulator. Like a heads-up. I really like that. But if you want to create a pack for people that want a retro without any effort you probably should add Phoenix or a few different emulators.

Bui

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
This is a good way to support people programming their own emulator. Like a heads-up. I really like that. But if you want to create a pack for people that want a retro without any effort you probably should add Phoenix or a few different emulators.

Maybe I will later.

Thanks for the comment.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Snowlight is not stable.. Why use that?
Try Phoenix Cracked. :lol:

Bui

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Snowlight is not stable.. Why use that?
Try Phoenix Cracked. :lol:

Because it gives users the opportunity to develop. I know it's not stable, this is for people to play about with, it's not meant to be used with a real retro. And although I'm not a fan of cracked Phoenix, I might make one later.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Because it gives users the opportunity to develop. I know it's not stable, this is for people to play about with, it's not meant to be used with a real retro. And although I'm not a fan of cracked Phoenix, I might make one later.

No please use Snowlight emulator, i didn't think that. Thanks :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Tbh... Snowlight is Not Stable (As Mentioned) But I think this a good Release. 8/10 (Considering all Your Efforts)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This will be useful for those who just want a small hotel, or want a base to work on to build up with - Good effort :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I don't think users that need to use Porthabbo to set up a retro will have the skills to develop snowlight even further. That is just my opinion.

Bui

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I don't think users that need to use Porthabbo to set up a retro will have the skills to develop snowlight even further. That is just my opinion.
Maybe, although it wasn't really designed specifically for people to develop the emulator.
Something like a Auto-Setup program would be better, this did indeed inspire some greater ideas :) Thanks!
I'm not sure what you mean by auto-setup, this is already set up. Unless you meant a GUI like this?

This is actually a great release. I do suggest making several packages for different emulators. Because all developers may not want to use Snowlight :p
Alright then, I'll make one with Phoenix. I'm gonna have fun converting all of RevCMS' rewrite rules to nginx...
Whats best? Phoenix or Snowlight???
Phoenix, probably. Only because Snowlight isn't developed much any more.

Reaction score
Phoenix, UberEmulator, Holograph(Yeah some people still use that! :huh:) would be great. Maybe possibly one packaged with a strong emulator base for greater development productivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back