Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Portals...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Anyone here familiar with the synatax of adding a new Portal (class) device?

I assume it is something like:

create o portal

(then you get an object #)

now how to create the next step...??? so you can assign it the next portal # in the game (the show i portal command to see whats the next free #)

Anyone know how to do this? Perhaps I'm going about it wrong and there is an easier way. The goal is to plop down a portal and change it's map dest.

Thanks,

Shadow

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Code:
send class system putinroom row int <row#> col int <col#> fine_row int <finerow#> fine_col int <finecol#> rid int <room#> classtype class portal

You can, of course, leave out the row and column definitions and it will put it at a default location in the room you place it in. You can move it from there.

Once you have created the portal, modify its values:
Code:
Room # it will teleport you to:
piDest_room          = INT <room#>
Angle of portal, default set to null:
piDest_angle         = $ 0
Destination row in destination room:
piDest_row           = INT <row#>
Destination col in destination room:
piDest_col           = INT <col#>
Destination finerow in destination room:
piDest_fine_row      = INT <finerow#>
Destination finecol in destination room:
piDest_fine_col      = INT <finecol#>

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Doesn't seem to work properly...

I'm trying to drop a portal.

I understand how to edit it's properties, however, I cannot seem to get it to appear.

Perhaps you could explain how to create it and anchor/drop it step by step?

I used that previous command to no avail.

Thanks,

Shadow

EDIT: I finally figured it out. Thanks for the assistance.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
IM actually stuck on this as well, I created the portal using the Hellportalfrom game that changes the various cities. What I want to do though is edit the list of locations, adding Aerie guest house brax etc....Anyone know if this is possible to edit the list? I have the list number just no idea how to edit it, or if this will even work..

Thanks in advance

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
On portals...

Just do this:

Create o portal
(get the object #)

meanwhile, figure out what room object # your in... then to pull the portal to the room...

send o <roomobject#> teleport what o <object#>

after this, use the show o object#ofportal

then you are free to use the Move tool in the $ options. Set it, configure the destination room # and the destination landing coordinates. Very simple really. Just took me a very long time to figure out how to move the created portal around the world...

Hope this helps you. I believe to edit the hellportal you would have to add room 2001 to the LIST declaration. (For the Aerie Guest House).

Regards,

Shadow

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thanks, only problem is adding to the list. Thats what I am unsure of how to do it.

thanks

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
On lists...

The Socks help manual is the best resource for making lists. That what i'ved looked at.

You can find it here in the forums...

Shadow

Generally, it is easier to just create a new list...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok thanks, yeah got most the info from the socks....just was unsure if it was possible to edit an existing list or make a new one =) thanks

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Editing an existing list...

I am not very experienced with this system, but what I usually do when retooling the monster spawns and such.. I just create a new list.. it's easier imho unless someone knows a very easy way to edit lists...

Shadow

Back