Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

PristonTale+

Reaction score
this is what i mean :
Vormav - PristonTale+ - RaGEZONE Forums

there is a way to get it better ? i am using Comic Sans ms >15 , and don't look like it....
=x

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Is Comic Sans MS official font of Brazil?

It look normal on my screen (CS MS 16):

You can try changing those values:
scaleX=0.01
scaleY=0.01

to -0.01 or something that will give you different result.

You can export your font with TrueType outline, hinting, Font smoothing, clearType... or different combination of those.

Or simply use better font:

nCYTpxH - PristonTale+ - RaGEZONE Forums

Y7rKOsY - PristonTale+ - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Reaction score
i try to set Font Smoothing, and i get some impruve, but i keep see some is not like u post in ur SS, maybe u post ur .fnt, and tga ?
i am using original font pack, of W7, and i wanna try to use Comic sans MS, cos it is not so strait line, CS MS, looks nice =D
and with the X,Y mod, -0,1 , i see only the size ,not the resolution, or something like that...

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The reason why text is stretched like that is because of aspect ratio. When window is maximised ratio will stay the same. That would require special fix, maybe in the future. For now, either use better font or don't stretch your window.

Reaction score
Vormav you are the man! =D, tanks for all suport, and i have something more to increase...
i have tested all fonts you post here, and all fonts i see the same 'error' , for a ugly font, so i start to think, that is my pc, my dx version, and when i update.... =D
nothing happen ><
ha, well, i will test a few more things here =x
see u.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
PS. I can add ability to use fonts that look like this:

We would have to agree on how to trigger them. E.g. when underline is TRUE on font creation call. But you would have to create those fonts yourself or copy them to .tga file manually since ac bmp font generator can't do it. So I'm not sure if anyone needs it.
I would very much like to use true, multicolour bitmap fonts. (very retro 16-bit XD) You could switch fonts with a hash tag? <f0> <f1> etc., and map different fonts? They could even contain different codepage fonts if really desired.

What concerns me about multicolour bitmap fonts is, what happens to the colours PT applies to certain text?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Don't forget I'm also controlling text color. I can even do gradient by changing 6 vertex colors if I would like to. Rainbow would be a bit harder but still possible. Its easy for me to take color from texture instead of vertex colors by adding 2 render states. So yeah something like this will show up in the future.

I like this idea of changing between standard and multicoulr font with <keys><combinations>.
But I thought about making menu on top instead (like in Notepad =P).

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Oh... there's a thought, could you replace certain colour text with multi-colour bitmap fonts? So that certain exact 24-bit colour codes would trigger a certain non-tinted font?

That would be quite cool, because it's not that hard to add new font-face objects and / or set them during certain font renderings in game. If we wanted to, we could catch certain "ugly" colours (like &h010101, for example, nearly but not quite completely black XD) and apply those colours to the bits of text we wanted "fanciefied". :D

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm taking font shape from alpha channel and filling it with color. You can open .tga file and draw your letters on RGB and your BMP glyph will show up with exact colors you used if original text is white... if it have different color than it will be mixed/tinted. Just save it with PUPP after you edit it.

I can catch colors without a problem. e.g. I can catch text "shadow" color and set its alpha to 100% transparent, so it will disappear or I can chose simply to not render it at all.

I could replace BC/SOD bmp font with my own by detouring those functions... but that would make PT+ less universal and I don't want to tide it only to "some" clients.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
[BR] vormav você podia fazer um vídeo ensinando adicionar isso?

[EN] Vormav you could make a video teaching this add?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
[BR] vormav você podia fazer um vídeo ensinando adicionar isso?

[EN] Vormav you could make a video teaching this add?

You talking about video where I'm extracting PristonTalePlus_r2.7z & font_gulim12_lat_kor_single.7z to main PristonTale folder? <_<

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
UPDATE

R3: PristonTalePlus_r3.7z

- compatibility with bPT & ePT clients, possibly others too
- fixed client area size

ePT uses GetTextExtentPoint32A to calculate boxes size and couple other things.
bPT uses GetTextExtentPoint32A & GetTextExtentPointA to calculate boxes size and couple other things.

I created my own function to calculate those sizes for bmp font. I tested it only on ePT clients, if you have some problems with bPT let me know.

Fixed client area size is something that gregoo & bobsobol implemented long time ago. However I believe bobsobol did not used AdjustWindowRectEx in Butchered4Pre to do this.
I did it gregoo style with some of my additions. If your client already uses AdjustWindowRectEx, it will skip this fix.

This should give you perfect pixel output (not squashed font/players) as long as you don't resize your window.
Other tips to have perfect screen:
Set your desktop resolution to PT resolution (eg. 1280x1024) and go borderless fullscreen windowed (L ALT + ENTER) OR use real full screen mode.

If you would like to use this on *cough* official *cough* server *cough* than pm me *cough*.

@microamazing I think this should fix problem with your font. ^^

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This is for unpacked clients (also bPT, ePT now). Pre TheMida we could say.
To use it on packed/official clients you need different method of injection.
We don't encourage using packed clients because they are useless in development.
I could released it as "different method" of injection but I'm unsure if this would still be development and not hacking (in strict sense).

And that's why I said "If you would like to use this on *cough* official *cough* server *cough* than pm me *cough*." ~,~
I will PM you with answer.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It should work with almost any windows.
However, if you are talking about alternative injection method than send me your 32bit versions of ddraw.dll and gdi32.dll
Those dlls are different on each windows and need different export tables.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I doubt that, could you upload your "majesty 2011(magic)" .exe with writefild .dll?

Back