• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Problem, help needed with TW1.69 and c# server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
well i know this is getting old, but i only require a simple answer, so pls tolerate this.

as the title says, i have a TW1.69 client (plus 9001.exe) with the c# server from the following thread:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f879/dev-dbo-server-taiwan-1-a-1089673/

i was able to get past character select. however, when i try to get into the world, the game client crashes while on the loading screen showing a BugTrap message, then closing the application.

i have read somewhere that the TW1.69 client would not work past character select, so is this true? i have tried other clients, but with no luck and each had its own problems.

i have built and sent all packets required for game enter.
i also analyzed the DBOPacketHandler.cpp and DBOPacketHandler_Lobby.cpp in the client source and was not able to find an answer :blushing:.

i know this too late, and i should just quit and all, but im doing it for fun and to learn.
any answer is much appreciated.

PS: am i missing or misunderstanding something? pls let me know

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
No encontrarás ninguna respuesta sobre eso, ya que todos las personas trabajan eno su propio archivos privados... no te podría ayudar ya que solo se c++.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
well let me rephrase the question,
would the TW1.69 client work with the general game servers we have with only using 9001.exe, and without server packet encryption? or is it a must that the server packets also be encrypted, and the 9001.exe would not help in decrypting those packets?
i have read that the 9001.exe blocks the game's encryption function. so in my understanding, this includes all packets.

is this clearer? i hope so.

also, when i said that i sent all game server <--> client packets, i lied. i left out some packets for later work.

however, i think that im structuring the packets in the wrong way:

public byte itemCount
{
get { return GetByte(4); }
set { SetByte(4, value); }
}

private void BuildItems()
{
SetInt(5, asItemProfile[0].handle);
SetInt(9, asItemProfile[0].tblidx);
SetInt(13, asItemProfile[0].byPlace);
SetInt(17, asItemProfile[0].byStackcount);
SetInt(21, asItemProfile[0].byRank);
SetInt(25, asItemProfile[0].byCurDur);
SetBool(29, asItemProfile[0].bNeedToIdentify);
SetByte(30, asItemProfile[0].byGrade);
SetByte(31, asItemProfile[0].byBattleAttribute);
SetByte(32, asItemProfile[0].byRestrictType);
SetString(33, asItemProfile[0].awchMaker, 17);
SetInt(50, asItemProfile[0].aOptionTblidx[0]);
SetInt(54, asItemProfile[0].aOptionTblidx[1]);
SetByte(58, asItemProfile[0].byDurationType);
SetString(59, asItemProfile[0].nUseStartTime, 17);
SetString(76, asItemProfile[0].nUseEndTime, 17);
}
i am structuring all of my packets in a similar way to this. for now i only added one item to the character, which is the default bag.
the GetType() and SetType() functions are within the "Packets" class, for example: SetByte(int position, byte value)

another small question, how can i know exactly what GU packets to send at what time? currently, i am tracing the client code to understand the flow of things. im not talking about the *_RES packets, those are pretty obvious, im talking about this *_INFO or _NFY
any suggestions?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I do not understand much c # only c ++ you could talk to the discord could help you the little that is c ++ but the truth you will not find answer here is dead.

Back