Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Problem with CentOS 4.7

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hello :D:

Some topics looked no further clarified my doubts.

everything set up correctly and in tutorials, plus I'm having a problem connecting with centos of windows, my machine receives the signal from a router that receives a modem motorola cabble.

thanks

280689 - Problem with CentOS 4.7 - RaGEZONE Forums

/\
settings

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You centos IP, netmask and gateway look fine. I usually pick higher numbers when setting a static IP though as you don't want to accidentally use an IP that another machine uses.

As you have a router make sure your vmware networking is set to "bridged". Also check that the windows firewall is off, the centos firewall is off and i would probably disable selinux too on centos.

Upvote 0
The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Not sure then. Several people have strange problems like this and i have no idea why. I have been using vmware for years and i have never had these problems. I doubt i will ever work it out unless it happens to me too.

I have noticed it only ever happens to people with routers. Routers act as a DHCP server for networks and the only theory i have is that somehow interferes with the the virtual machine using the vmware DHCP server as it should. I always specify static IP addresses for my virtual machines which could be why i have never seen it.

Upvote 0
Back