Project Blackstorm - Shared Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
Dec 31, 2004
Messages
4,086
Reaction score
25
After reading thread, I thought it was a really good idea. So I decided to start developing it as a side project as it's a pretty easy project.

My idea is to create a java snippet for you to implement into your project (as a sample, you could do this any way you wish), so when a GM bans a user, it will also report their IP Address & MAC Address to Project Blackstorm. Each time a user is banned, their IP/Mac gets another point, and with enough points the user won't be able to access any servers.

Each server can set their ban threshold, for example only allowing people with 5 votes and below to play which should be plenty.

I have registered a domain to which will become live within the next 24 hours.

Thanks to chris for the idea, I hope to hear your ideas.

Thanks,
Josh
 
I think it's just abit to much for "Hackers" and "Private Servers".
Hackers don't do much, except give your GMs something to do.
 
I actually think this is a good idea keep hackers from moving from server. Mostly proxies =S (I dont wanta get into that 2day) I would like my server to send banned ips to that =D sounds very interest well you have my support.

I think it's just abit to much for "Hackers" and "Private Servers".
Hackers don't do much, except give your GMs something to do.
Ya... But thats true, But you have to keep in mind what GMs also do like making events, games, and make it more of a better server. We cant waste time trying to ban hackers when we have a lot more work to do.:tongue:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back