• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Project Ideas

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I'm working through a couple of beginner level tutorials on Python, and I'm hoping some of you can help me. I relatively understand the language, the syntax is just so understandable. What I'm asking of you guys is to give me a beginning/intermediate project idea that would require a bit of research and testing in order to produce an outcome.

I'll then post the code back in here for commenting and to see what I'm doing poorly, then progressively work on harder projects until I get better at the language. Who thinks they can help me? I just need project ideas. Thanks so much everyone!

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
What do you eventually wish to accomplish with your mad programming skills?

Well, I would like to attempt to be rather realistic here, not saying that I could go on to be the next Gates or Jobs. I just want to be able to pick-up programming before my classes get a bit harder, so the advanced concepts don't take me hours and hours to understand... just for when that time comes. After the Uni, I want to be able to find a decent job. So, it's more about understanding the language and being able to do something with that understanding, rather than what I'll be able to actually do with the programming itself.

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score
Regardless of what you think the benefit will be right now, I think it's crucial to realize what it is you're learning for. Learning for the sole purpose of learning can be something you lose motivation easily for. Also, your input here is just as much helpful in filtering the infinite number of possible projects into a slightly smaller group of those that actually may interest you. I for one don't want to recommend a calculator or something like that because those generic projects you can find anywhere on the web.

Back