• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[PYTHON 3.3] Need a bit help.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Its an infinite list atm which starts at number 2, but what i wanna do is cut out every second number after it. So like 2 3 5 7. But i can't figure it out.

Code:
def listgenerator(x):   
    x=1
    while x>0:
        x+=1
        print(x)

print(listgenerator(1))

hello
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Its an infinite list atm which starts at number 2, but what i wanna do is cut out every second number after it. So like 2 3 5 7. But i can't figure it out.

Code:
def listgenerator(x):   
    x=1
    while x>0:
        x+=1
        print(x)

print(listgenerator(1))

Since it does look like your homework and rules say that we aren't here to do your homework, I will just give you a tip: modulo

Reaction score
We're not here to do your homework for you, buddy. Use search engine, your classmates, and even your professor. Unless of course you were blatantly not listening to what he/she was saying. If that's the case, maybe the class isn't for you.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
No, it's not my homework, i don't study programming in school :). And i wasn't looking for a solution, i was looking for a tip, thanks danse.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Another question, whats the easiest way to find out if a list contains integers?

hello
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Another question, whats the easiest way to find out if a list contains integers?

Whole thread about it, find the way that suits you most.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can't use any of those for a list or im just doing it wrong?

x=20
def divider(x):
for variable in range(2, (x-1)):
newx=x/variable
if newx.is_integer():
return True
if newx.is_integer()==False:
return False

i wanted it to divide x in the range of 2 to (x-1) and check if any of the divisions return an integer, but i think it only divides it with the first range item before going to next x(also using x in parent(?)loop)? hope you understand xD

Best Commu NA
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If this was for school, I doubt your teacher gave you three days or more too hand it in.
Here you go.

Prints Even Numbers:

Code:
def listgenerator():   
    x=1
    while x > 0:
        x+=1
        if x%2==0:
            print (x)
    else:
        return

listgenerator()

Prints Odd Numbers:

Code:
def listgenerator():   
    x=1
    while x > 0:
        x+=1
        if x%2!=0:
            print (x)           
    else:
        return

listgenerator()

Next time use Google, I found it in the first result.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you for you answer, but danse already answered it. Problem is i need to check if x%(range(2, x-1))==0, but it doesn't let me use the range command nor list in it. So i don't really understand how to do that (X_X)'.

hello
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thank you for you answer, but danse already answered it. Problem is i need to check if x%(range(2, x-1))==0, but it doesn't let me use the range command nor list in it. So i don't really understand how to do that (X_X)'.

I think you may have to import Math library into your script, but not sure it's been a while I've used Python and it's not my main language to be honest.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think you may have to import Math library into your script, but not sure it's been a while I've used Python and it's not my main language to be honest.

didn't help :(

Back