• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Quake 4.

Nasty By Nature.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I wanted to ask if anyone here plays Quake 4? I have not played any of the other Quake series but this one caught my eye. Im meant to be getting it later on, I love games such as Wolfenstein ET so would I like Quake 4? Looks for a last minute opinion before I spend my money on it.

-Mattio

PS: It also caught my eye because it's only

iod

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The quake games have all been pretty random so far so you wont be missing anything. ET and Q4 are completely different, multiplayer in Q4 is really arcadish. If youre paying for it only for the online play you should check out what it's like in the demo or quake 3.

Nasty By Nature.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thanks, getting it a little later on today with any luck!

-Mattio

Nasty By Nature.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well just to say that I have it :D. Really nice game! Only had the chance to play 5mins, but I would recommend it looking really promiseing.

-Mattio

PS: I love all the little details like on your starter weapon you can turn on the little Flashlight :D.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i got the game like 2 days ago still not playin it layin all because of my damn fault

i forgot it is dvd-rom and don't have a dvd-ron drive yet so have to wait to play but i played q3 before

Nasty By Nature.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Cool, tell me when you get online and ill meet up with ya. :D The single player is simpley awesome, although im not completely taken by the online game play. . . Nevermind! I've only played it like 3 times so i'll start playing and getting better. :thumbup:

-Mattio

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
yeah k i will do that i already ordered the dvd drive so i'll supposed to have it at least end of the weak the owner of the shop is a friend of my brother in law to be so :george: and then it's :gun_nep: ownage time i used to own is q3 so i hope i own in q4 to bad i did not play q3 for like 2 years :p i started playing enemy territory en cs so

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you bought this game for online play I would have checked out quake 3. The story in this is alot better than the other quake games. Well, Quake 4: Enemy Territory Wars (sp) is coming out soon as a stand alone title (I think) that will pit the stroggs vs the marines in an all out war. I found it in pc gamer. It looks promising. From the pics I saw think of it as bf2 but in the quake setting with jet packs :).

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
finally i have the dvd rom there whas some delay on it cause it's color did not match my casing and cd-rom so i had to send it back and get another 1

Nasty By Nature.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Grats man, hope you really enjoy Quake.

-Mattio

PS: A little advise, the single player offline mode piss's all over the online game play.

Back