Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Question] about video card

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
is it worth to buy Palit Daytona GF 8500GT for my gaming.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'd go for the 9600, if you are sticking it cheap; about $50 more for a much better mid-to-high-end video card.
While the 8600 isn't all that great, I have an 8600GTS, and I can play every game on the market today. Given, I can't play them all on maxed on settings, but I can play them with 30+ fps.
Myself, personally, I'm just waiting for the Radeon HD4870 X2 to come out. If I get two of those and use the new crossfire technology that ATI has developed for the 4000 series, I'm sure I will be able to last three years without any more upgrades in the video card department. My singular 8600GTS has lasted me two years, allowing me to play any game I want, and it isn't even a high-end card.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
how about radeon whats a good video card right now? which can support assassin's creed

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
you could probably get away with a 3650 although i wouldn't recommend it for high settings gameplay, im using one right now and its more than adequete for playing on medium-low settings

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I woudnt get a ati card even if someone gave it to me.

for gaming, nvidia is the l33t, like, how many games you've seen with a ATI splashscreen ? vs nvidia splashscreen :)

Issue is nvidia helps the devs with hardware and test machines, so it works perfectly on nvidia cards (that was also the problem with age of conan wich is running best on nvidia cards and have serious issues on other cards like ati).

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
you wouldn't take a ati 48x0 if someone gave it you for free? it'd smack your 8800gtx's butt up and down the yard mate

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Okay, lets compare FPS in age of conan, 1680x1050, shadows on, all options to maximum.

Tortoga city - 40 to 60 (and a bit) fps
Tortoga city dungeon - 120+ fps

Crysis DX 10, all settings maximum, 1680x1050 - 50 fps LOWEST ive seen.

You ati card "might" get just as high in crysis, but it wont in age of conan, and compare price on each card id say 8800 gtx is awesome in comparison.

Fact remains that nvidia helps the devs as said, and therefore you will get everything out of your gforce card, and if lucky your ATI card.

Therefore, id go with the safe bet when it comes to gfx cards wich is nvidia.

and if it was for free, i rather have a nvidia 280 card.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Get a 9600GT or 8800GS for NVIDIA or HD4850 for ATI

Back