Question for website designing

Joined
Aug 4, 2010
Messages
573
Reaction score
178
Hey so I'm not a big designer on the whole CSS or Adobe Photoshop website building but I'm learning. I've been doing CSS for a while but still I lack the process of being able to design a nice looking website.

I've downloaded a site from ragezone and they included the whole site design in a photoshop .PSD. My question: Should I write my website code in a codepad in html + CSS as I've been doing or should I design the whole site in Photoshop then covert it to a HTML then add the CSS style.
 
Create the design first then start coding the website. This way, you will have a better idea of how your HTML/CSS structure should look like.
 
Create the design first then start coding the website. This way, you will have a better idea of how your HTML/CSS structure should look like.

Thanks for the reply, but minutes after I created the thread I did that "Designed then started coding" I think I'll have a design out for getting feedback.
 
I usually start with few ideas in photoshop. For example main design, header, navigation, content holder. Then I code those elements and do the rest of coding however I like it. But you gotta have the idea first

From now on that's exactly what I do, Maybe you can check out my release I posted of my first "Gunz template design"
 
Back