[Question] Method "Post" not allowed

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2006
Messages
2,383
Reaction score
0
I'm using .asp files, and when clicking a link in one of the .asp files, it's supposed to take you to another page. The function is:

Code:
<!--
	function selectcode(un){
		document.select_frm.intSeq.value = un;
		document.select_frm.action="GameStart_Detail.asp";
		document.select_frm.method="post";
		document.select_frm.submit();
	}
//-->


Anyways, when you click the link, I'm getting the error of "The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /gamestart/GameStart_Detail.asp."

So I've googled this and have seen many people actually have the problem, but not many fixes. I think you need to allow something with your webserver (hosted), so anyone know exactly how to allow this?
 
sage

This is the error message you get from Apache when you use an HTML file as the action of a form. Why? Because HTML is a document layout language and it has no facilities for processing a form. Change the "action" to the URL of the script, written in PHP or Perl or some other language, that processes your form, for example the URL of Bluemail if that's what you are using.
Found that after Googling for a minute or so.
 
Re: sage

Found that after Googling for a minute or so.

And you still get

"Method Not Allowed
The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /gamestart/GameStart_Detail.asp."


Code:
<!--
	function selectcode(un){
		document.select_frm.intSeq.value = un;
		document.select_frm.action="http://Blaaaaaaah.com/gamestart/GameStart_Detail.asp";
		document.select_frm.method="post";
		document.select_frm.submit();
	}
//-->

And no "blaaaaah.com" is not actually there, I just edited the site out.
 
Hmm..still not working. Guess I'll have to host it on another web server.
 
You have Windows XP Pro? Try testing on your iis.

No, Windows XP Home. I tried it on my 1and1 host and I get the same thing.

(Sorry for late reply).
 
Back