Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

question

Reaction score
I want to ask,if i have 2 dedicated server and i want to add them both on same client,should i add both in internal/language.enc;
and if so,how?
thx

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The way to do this is going to need some manual fiddling as there is no way cabal_config will ever be able to do this on it own (it can't detect both ip addresses for you).

You will need 2 installs, one on each server. You need 1 loginsvr which everybody logs into and then 2 "servers" with the "server" being the XX number in the XX_YY format of the ini files.

Try installing the "duality" template on a test vmware machine to see how it is configured in terms of the processes and ini files. Look at the XX_YY in the ini files, the XX is your "server" number. One of the dedis needs everything on it, but only the processes from one "server" shoudl be starfed on the one that has everything. The other dedi shoudl have the chanels for the other "server".

You will need to do some manual changing of IP addresses to get the inter-server comminucation working so you will need to do a lot of fiddling and log-checking.

Upvote 0
The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If you want everyone to have logins for both servers then both can share all the databases. If not you must use different databases for both otherwise the usernum in accountdb won't properly match up with the charidx in both gamedbs.

Reactions: emi
Upvote 0
Back