• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Ran Server Requirements

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Memory:
3 Gb of Ram is enough, don't exceed.. although you have 64 bit OS... the reason is the server file are still 32 bit
Processor:
Pentium 4 -minimum requirements
The intel core 2 quad(2 processors, 4 cores, 4threads) is still better than intel core i3(1 processor, 2 cores, 4threads)
Video Card:
not required
Operating System:
Windows XP is enough... windows server are not necessary to be used, because of third party application like wamp, server file etc....
The 64 bit OS is better than 32 bit OS for database...the 64bit is 5 times faster database execution than 32 bit...

Last edited:
be good to beat evils
Loyal Member
Reaction score
but sql eats too much ram
like 2gig already if many users online
i think more ram is required

@offtopic
any plan of new tools again??
like what u posted in other link
is it already done?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@all
this is not a guide...
@ramispo
we are using only 4 databases.. no need more memory...

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
How about the language of the os ? what if I Forgot to install the English (US) The Default 1 .. and I Install Italian Languange .. is There no side effect in the server ?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@SystemLog
according to my experience, there is no problem occurred in diff. languages... as long you interpret it...

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
But u'll need more ram,if u raise up max client on cfg file.. To avoid character failed proccess..
And more virtual memory..

4core is enaugh,cz server file can only read 4thread..
I use Q9400, and 4gb ram, its so enaugh.. Not found some lag.. :)

Windows server is more better than xp for many client connection on our pc..
PS:i was try use xp, 70player online = so heavy on server file..
On win server,200++ player online = smooth on my server side..
With same file and same spec hardware..

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@dondonk
your right... the windows xp have limited connection of 254... the windows server have unlimited connection unlike windows xp... but i referring for low cost OS...

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@spiderveRnon: hmm.. If this topic talk about making test ranserver, with xp is enough evenif just use cra*k xp..hehe lol..
But if we talk about make serious ranserver, what we paid then that what we got.. Win server,for many user not feel some lag bcz heavy on server side.. :p
Am i right bro? Hehe..

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@dondonk
-your right again! you will used the cracked windows server in some country likes Philippines, India, china, malay etc.... but in singapore, united state and all dominants country are not allowed to used it..

Upvote 0
Back