Rate Selection System

Joined
Aug 10, 2008
Messages
858
Reaction score
516
This is a system that stores data in the SQL to determine the player's selected rates among three options (it's stored in 'characters' table). Default will only remain until a person has leveled up to 2 or logged in after the player has reached level 10. This way it avoids getting tied up with the Maple Administrator message that opens when you log on a new character. The NPC used is editable in any manner. (Rebirths aren't tied into the process, it's just an idea for a restriction for having higher rates)

Tested and works 100%.

Screen Shot of NPC:

Zygon - Rate Selection System - RaGEZONE Forums


Mediafire:

I wanna hear the flames please. :thumbup:

Edit: I tried making the instructions as noob friendly as possible.
Edit 2: Revision 1 added (Fixed a couple of errors and optimized code)
 
Last edited:
I don't really care, I just made it because some people like lower rates than others. Of course you can omit higher rated people from the rankings.

Wait, if you were making this, why did Kevin ask me how to check if rateselection is null on msn?
 
A few suggestions:

It's better just to do
private int[] rates;
and then do
int[] chosenrates = {exprate, mesorate, droprate };
this.rates = chosenrates;

public void getSelectedRates() {return rates;}
instead of making a new object each time

and no point of doing this
player.hasSelectedRates() == false
 
A few suggestions:

It's better just to do
private int[] rates;
and then do
int[] chosenrates = {exprate, mesorate, droprate };
this.rates = chosenrates;

public void getSelectedRates() {return rates;}
instead of making a new object each time

and no point of doing this
player.hasSelectedRates() == false

Thank you for the suggestions, I'll note that for future releases.
 
Back