Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Raw 1.5.3 server files (no back door)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
After seeing posts about files that are comprised with a back door and being asked repeatedly if I was using these files with a so-called "exploit", I felt compelled to release files that were given to me. I used these files as a base for my 1.5.3 server running Ubuntu Server 16.04, and passed penetration testing from my Kali box.

How can you tell these files from those? The files that they claim to have back door uses "authd".
These files use "auth" not "authd" and have files for /etc folder, that you will have to modify. I called these RAW files because they are, as they were given to me, and they did not work for me "out of the box". Once I had them on a machine, I had to modify some and replace others. For example....I didn't use the start/stop scripts, jakarta or the registration script. If you use the jakarta and registration, keep in mind you will have to modify the db passwords to suit your db. The iweb is good for verifying what you have running, and setting GM, getting gold, but I wouldn't use it to do anything else without some modifications or else you will have to wipe your gamedb and start fresh.

There are plenty of tutorials available on how to set up a server, so this post is NOT a tutorial on how to set up a server, just a download link to get decent files that you don't have to worry about.

Using the PWE.Vision client:

abileneken - Raw 1.5.3 server files (no back door) - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Shh, quiet, you might piss somebody off
Developer
Reaction score
Thats a lot of shenanigans, did you know what is the function of authd in server ? and our auth is working as private way since original one is MSSQL by wanmei, there many authd released in ragezone and all they are safe, i did not find any authd with exploit or kind of poop, i know where bad procedures in all servers, but if people are a bit smart, it can fix with two clicks, the backdoor history is because chinese don't know if it was true, he just take server files and drop without no knowledge of what was inside package, but i was checking and i'm sure there no Ducking backdoor in this server files, please don't try make looks smarter here, there many old-school developers in perfect world area looking for these files always, i'm one who checked they.

ohh and if i download your package, and find some setting error, what do you tell me ?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
AIpolicy, iweb, & registration is in Russian. If you want to use those files, just open your editor and go to google and type in "translate" then copy & paste, back & forth to make them English. I myself chose to use different files instead of these.

Other than that, if you use English client such as PWE-Vision everything will be in English (except for the red chat from the AIpolicy).

:thumbup:Link fixed btw:thumbup:

Bola-
I was in no way trying to offend anyone. It just seems so many are saying, "oh you got back door files?" and I wanted to put mine out so I don't get that. I am not saying there is an exploit, its just (my experience) everyone thinks there is and therefore thinks that if you have 1.5.3 then it has exploit.
I think you missed my meaning - the files that they are saying has the exploit, uses authd, this is a auth package, so it is different.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Does it mean that you received this files from other source other than the posted in here? Where did you get the files?

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
AIpolicy, iweb, & registration is in Russian. If you want to use those files, just open your editor and go to google and type in "translate" then copy & paste, back & forth to make them English. I myself chose to use different files instead of these.

Other than that, if you use English client such as PWE-Vision everything will be in English (except for the red chat from the AIpolicy).

:thumbup:Link fixed btw:thumbup:

Bola-
I was in no way trying to offend anyone. It just seems so many are saying, "oh you got back door files?" and I wanted to put mine out so I don't get that. I am not saying there is an exploit, its just (my experience) everyone thinks there is and therefore thinks that if you have 1.5.3 then it has exploit.
I think you missed my meaning - the files that they are saying has the exploit, uses authd, this is a auth package, so it is different.

IF and only IF there would be an exploit in that.. I want to see pure facts, Proof that there is an exploit in it. Just coming online and shouting that theres an exploit in it makes no damn sense at all. Most of these programs are written by decent developers though an exploit can always occur.

However when you call those people out and say theres an exploit, you might better bring some valid proof or your arguments will get shot down by everyone.

The stuff that Loko shares is being used for years now and maybe sometimes with a bit of improvements by the community, it still works without a problem for the basic people that bring up pw servers.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
OMG did you not read my previous post?

I never said those files HAD an exploit - people were claiming they did and asked me if the server I had was made with the files that had gotten the "exploit" rep. I put these files out just to clear the air, and to show that my files were different. AND so others could use them as well.

Why wasn't there replies like this on the other thread where people said they had exploit? Instead you attack me for just mentioning it.

This is why I don't post much, people want to pick apart everything you say. See if I do that again, lesson learned! I am done.

Last edited:

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
OMG did you not read my previous post?

I never said those files HAD an exploit - people were claiming they did and asked me if the server I had was made with the files that had gotten the "exploit" rep. I put these files out just to clear the air, and to show that my files were different. AND so others could use them as well.

Why wasn't there replies like this on the other thread where people said they had exploit? Instead you attack me for just mentioning it.

This is why I don't post much, people want to pick apart everything you say. See if I do that again, lesson learned! I am done.

When you say something like:

How can you tell the these files from those? The files that they claim to have back door uses "authd".
These files use "auth" not "authd", so you will have files that will be in the /etc folder to modify.

If i edit the auth folder and put a d next to it, the whole fact that you say what the diffirence is between those 2 releases is gone. I can put the files from the Authd folder in the auth folder and i'm pretty sure that 99% of the people here won't even notice the diffirence.

In that way it just doesn't make sense.

Reaction score
why so confuse with files backdoor or not.
you got a leak files not official buying it from Wanmei / Arc.
and the moto is USE AT YOUR OWN RISK and SECURE YOUR OWN SERVER
don't be to paranoid, make it cool

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If i edit the auth folder and put a d next to it, the whole fact that you say what the diffirence is between those 2 releases is gone. I can put the files from the Authd folder in the auth folder and i'm pretty sure that 99% of the people here won't even notice the diffirence.

In that way it just doesn't make sense.

Difference is, authd has table.xml inside the /authd folder whereas auth has table.xml inside /etc folder. Obviously you haven't looked at the files and compared the two, or otherwise you wouldn't have said that. Not sure why your trying to be all that.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
for those who are using this server files .
GM can not be used to debug and experience from mod .
Fix open file gs.conf learn .
I think this is the mod from Kn1fe

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Why are people so much obsessed with originality? If you are going to bully others over pixel files just mail Perfect World Beijing and ask for a license for Perfect World. Simple as that.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Why are people so much obsessed with originality? If you are going to bully others over pixel files just mail Perfect World Beijing and ask for a license for Perfect World. Simple as that.

Still not as simple as you think

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I put table.xml to ./windows/system32/etc/drivers... so what?

Reactions: Ben

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
Difference is, authd has table.xml inside the /authd folder whereas auth has table.xml inside /etc folder. Obviously you haven't looked at the files and compared the two, or otherwise you wouldn't have said that. Not sure why your trying to be all that.

you move that one manually to its correct spot >.<

Back