Razer Blade

Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
216
http://www.razerzone.com/blade

Razerzone is thinking out of the box with this awesome technology. It's the worlds first true gaming laptop. Only for gaming.

Definitely looking forward to this!

Price: US$2799.99

Availability:
North America Q4 2011

Product Specifications:

2.8GHz Intel® Core™ i7 2640M Processor
8GB 1333MHz DDR3 Memory
17.3" LED Backlit Display (1920x1080)
NVIDIA GeForce® GT 555M with NVIDIA® Optimus™ Technology
2GB Dedicated GDDR5 Video Memory
Built-in HD Webcam
Integrated 60Wh Battery
320GB 7200rpm SATA HDD
Wireless Network 802.11 b/g/n Compatible
16.81" (Width) x 10.9" (Depth) x 0.88" (Height); 6.97lbs (Weight)
 
Last edited:
I'm not. While Razer Rocks, look at the price tag. Over $2800 for it, and it only has the specs of a normal 750-1000 laptop. I dont think a fancy OLED touchpad/buttons are worth that much more to me if I want to game on a laptop.

I woudl rather buy a $1000 laptop, then put the other 1800 into upgrading my main computer, and everything left over I would go on a vacation to the coast for a week.
 
The price is high as balls, but compare the actual confirmed specs with the initial prototype specs of an Atom processor with 2GB of DDR2 and you see why.

I'm actually happy that it was done this way - I'd rather pay top $$$ if i was going to buy this, rather than pas less and have a below-par gaming laptop.
 
nice laptop expensive, and also ONLY a 320GB 7200rpm SATA drive, for that much they better have a 100+ GB SSD, i mean cmon, payin that much for a sata drive, even lower end ones come with a 32-60GB SSD boot drive and another storage drive

i mean cmon i went on cyberpower and put this together

Clevo P170HM3D Gaming Notebook 17.3" 120Hz FHD 1920x1080 w/ NVIDIA 3D Vision Glasses Kit Bundle, Built-in 2.0MP Webcam, HDMI Port, Fingerprint Sensor, Li-Ion Battery, & Universal AC Adapter

Intel® Core™ i7-2720QM Mobile Processor 2.20 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache, Max Turbo Freq. 3.30 GHz
8GB (4GBx2) DDR3-1333 SODIMM Memory
NVIDIA GeForce GTX485M 2GB GDDR5 PCIe Video
30 GB Kingston 2.5 inch SATA Gaming MLC Solid State Disk BOOT DRIVE
500GB 7200RPM SATA300 Hard Drive STORAGE DRIVE
Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6230 a/b/g/n + Bluetooth WiFi Combo Card [Intel WiDi Ready]

$2246

and that is a 3d vision laptop
so minus the $800 led touchpad (woopdedoo) its better for less
i say fuk em
 
Last edited:
PC gaming on a laptop.... I know people can pull it off and say it feels "right" but I would prefer a Desktop PC over a laptop for gaming.

At least they were right when they said Blade was meant to own Mac's price tag included.

To me the the only cool thing about the laptop is the SwitchBlade UI.
 
True gamers will scoff at this. I scoff at the idea that they're trying to save PC gaming with this.
People like to misinterpret marketing & advertising terms.

They aren't trying to "save" PC gaming from anything, it's doing just fine the way it is. What they WERE trying to do, is show people that the development for PC gaming is still in the works and that the focus has not completely shifted to the consoles.
PC gaming on a laptop.... I know people can pull it off and say it feels "right" but I would prefer a Desktop PC over a laptop for gaming.

At least they were right when they said Blade was meant to own Mac's price tag included.

To me the the only cool thing about the laptop is the SwitchBlade UI.
The entire point of this is to have the trackpad on the right hand side instead of it always being on the palmrest.

If you wanted to game on your laptop, you needed a mouse. That's the way it has always been. But with this, you can use your left hand for WASD while your right hand is used on the touchscreen as a cursor.

They were trying to create an all-in-one mobile gaming solution without the requirement for additional peripherals, and i think they've succeeded.
 
Back