Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Realm Name Ubuntu Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't Ask About Tideborn
Reaction score
anyone get working Realm Name on ubuntu server? what missing library? or we need install some package? realm name not showing up problem is on glinkd, i already try this.. and i already check with IDA pro.. glinkd there is no need other library...

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
anyone get working Realm Name on ubuntu server? what missing library? or we need install some package? realm name not showing up problem is on glinkd, i already try this.. and i already check with IDA pro.. glinkd there is no need other library...

atm i only know that the realm names show in centos 4.4-4.9 and redhat if someone fixed it i wouldnt know as no one shared as of yet.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Its harcoded in the libraries i know of a person that fixed it,no share though.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
oh really,u got ur server files from here fool,get the fk out of here.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Im working on putting server with interserver on CentOS so isleast a vm have tools to do things with, we all know the redhat they release with is a stripped down POS
Having an issue with the java atm once get that fixed shouldnt take too much longer, when I get it sorted Ill pack it up and upload it for whoever.
Unlike alot I see here over the years I cant say I NEVER learned anything from this forum so occasionally I try to share something

Lol I have been so busy developing my server I forget alot of the backend crap, getting old I guess if I dont do it all the time I forget

Don't Ask About Tideborn
Reaction score
i got server file from mcncc.com, not from here.. and you all get the file from mcncc.com too.. lol
i already said before.. i'll not share everything my work at here! i have got traumatic at perfect world section, and much other developer leaving ragezone.. i helped everyone before.. but now.. no more!

if you asking to all developers, why they are leaving ragezone.. you will get same answer

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Anyone have a working OS besides that crap Redaht that shows realms? I tried setting up on old CentOS but seems the older distributions dont support the java that this server uses well unless u want to manually compile and make and all that crap which I dont really care to get into.
testing CentOS all the way up now to see what can come up with, I need OS tools and that redhat is stripped to the oint Im surprised it even starts

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Anyone have a working OS besides that crap Redaht that shows realms? I tried setting up on old CentOS but seems the older distributions dont support the java that this server uses well unless u want to manually compile and make and all that crap which I dont really care to get into.
testing CentOS all the way up now to see what can come up with, I need OS tools and that redhat is stripped to the oint Im surprised it even starts

I have used CentOS Server 4.7 for Jade Dynasty in the past where the Realm names appeared :wink: Hope this helps!

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
32 bit maybe thats where Im goingnuts right now, been trying to get centos working with elysium etc to move my server to so have tools
First it ws repos prob - fixed that then now having that jav issue thats gonna drive me nuts
Yours on a vm? think u could strip out your server folder and possibly share the vm itself with me? Im very busy and this is about to drive me nuts now with all the time wasted

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
32 bit maybe thats where Im goingnuts right now, been trying to get centos working with elysium etc to move my server to so have tools
First it ws repos prob - fixed that then now having that jav issue thats gonna drive me nuts
Yours on a vm? think u could strip out your server folder and possibly share the vm itself with me? Im very busy and this is about to drive me nuts now with all the time wasted

I don't handle that part of the server, and my partner is at his day job. Yes it's on a VM. Maybe if you add me on Skype I can get him to help you after he's done work.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I came up wuth a solution, installed lampp to make sure all working then Im gonna put all the apache and mysql on a seperate machine so that way I have automation and abilty to backup files with rsync between the two

Ok got that pos working now to get Elysium working on same one and then REST finally..

If anyone needs it Ill put stock data files back in this setup and put it up, if not not gonna waste my time or bw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back