Redemption Online

keep going and just open a nearly bugfree server, not like NWK.
And i dont like the idea witha thief from the begining of the server, add it later when no one will cry about lvl speed
on lvl 1-70.
 
i think this project will fail the same <LiveKal> !

Nobody gives a **** about someone who don't know the difference between REST and RESET.

keep going and just open a nearly bugfree server, not like NWK.
And i dont like the idea witha thief from the begining of the server, add it later when no one will cry about lvl speed
on lvl 1-70.

Lvl speed from 1-70 will be pretty high..
 
Lvling should be slow, ain't fun seeing everyone 65+ with full g55.

Nowadays people like it fast... So I give them good exp to get lvl 70.
Since I made all the addons, I can use my own exp multiplier which is Lvl based...
So I guess I'll make Int - 30-40x Exp(I guess that's around 100x exp from 1-50 on pserver) and then I'll lower it when you reach 70 to around ~10-20x.
Don't know, maybe starting from lvl 75. Cause then Everyone would have his second 3rd job skill..

And well, we've G55/60/65/70. So there's space :P.

My idea is to keep you busy with some events(halloween event, xmas event...such small things), raids, instances(Guild, party, open for all) and pvp.
 
events are a great thing, but not many ppl are willing to participate, cause well we all know that people these days just hardcore, trying to be the best, aint got time not even to buy meds or smth, so i suggest u try doing like a rly interesting event or smth, to rly catch their attention.. dunno how though ^^
 
Nowadays people like it fast... So I give them good exp to get lvl 70.
Since I made all the addons, I can use my own exp multiplier which is Lvl based...
So I guess I'll make Int - 30-40x Exp(I guess that's around 100x exp from 1-50 on pserver) and then I'll lower it when you reach 70 to around ~10-20x.
Don't know, maybe starting from lvl 75. Cause then Everyone would have his second 3rd job skill..

And well, we've G55/60/65/70. So there's space :P.

My idea is to keep you busy with some events(halloween event, xmas event...such small things), raids, instances(Guild, party, open for all) and pvp.

Striker you just made my wish come true! I really like the idea of having fast exp from lvl 1-70/75, and then having half as fast exp afterwards! This is the key to how we keep getting new players to the server even after some months! But some other things could also be done for keeping the newcomers. In my opinion I like to start from level 1, it's always fun to get some fast levels in the beginning. After 1 month you can make level 50 as the start-level or maybe higher.

In my opinion you should remember to focus on this:

1. Think about how you after 1-2 months will make newcomers to stay on the server. They are the key to keep the server alive. Some people from the beginning will quit no matter what.

2. Since we have high exp we will get our 3rd job fast, which mean that we don't have the same encouragement just to level up (I know some people just power level, and only play for ranking). But what is important is to focus on PVP-BALANCE! Spend a loooooot of time to balance this out, or else people will cry and whine about the imbalance and quit. CW will also be destroyed then. (I'm happy that you're working on the pvp-systems, but don't forget pvp-balance)

3. Ofc. protection, but well let's hope that you don't have too many enemies...

4. Advertisement. Make a nice banner for top 10000 (Also keep updating this banner if it is possible). Make a new update every week on the website, I know it is a tough requirement, but if you don't people begin to think that the server is dying. And people who wanna start the server and can see that the last update was 1 month ago, will also think that it is dying (some will).

About the X-mas-, Halloween-events you plan to do, I can only say keep going! Make some nice rewards, and high levels have other things to hunt than just that one g65 part they need.

Good luck with this xD
 
Striker you just made my wish come true! I really like the idea of having fast exp from lvl 1-70/75, and then having half as fast exp afterwards! This is the key to how we keep getting new players to the server even after some months! But some other things could also be done for keeping the newcomers. In my opinion I like to start from level 1, it's always fun to get some fast levels in the beginning. After 1 month you can make level 50 as the start-level or maybe higher.

In my opinion you should remember to focus on this:

1. Think about how you after 1-2 months will make newcomers to stay on the server. They are the key to keep the server alive. Some people from the beginning will quit no matter what.

2. Since we have high exp we will get our 3rd job fast, which mean that we don't have the same encouragement just to level up (I know some people just power level, and only play for ranking). But what is important is to focus on PVP-BALANCE! Spend a loooooot of time to balance this out, or else people will cry and whine about the imbalance and quit. CW will also be destroyed then. (I'm happy that you're working on the pvp-systems, but don't forget pvp-balance)

3. Ofc. protection, but well let's hope that you don't have too many enemies...

4. Advertisement. Make a nice banner for top 10000 (Also keep updating this banner if it is possible). Make a new update every week on the website, I know it is a tough requirement, but if you don't people begin to think that the server is dying. And people who wanna start the server and can see that the last update was 1 month ago, will also think that it is dying (some will).

About the X-mas-, Halloween-events you plan to do, I can only say keep going! Make some nice rewards, and high levels have other things to hunt than just that one g65 part they need.

Good luck with this xD
Thanks for the feetback.
Yea I've almost completed my rewriting of everything..
Now comes the Skill balance part. For the first without Thief, cause I'll add it later.
Then I'll add the new pvp systems.

For the start level was my idea to set it to 43 or 45...Maybe not... Cause 1-50 will be done really fast and I don't see a real sense in it but okay if the most people like start lvl 1 then I'll rewrite it BUT mobs won't drop your armor then. You can buy g42/46 and g45/48 weapons at the npc or maybe trough some quests(this would be pimped weapons/armor)...
 
But i like the time from 30-50 with a good full TS party at d1r0 and as first sins on server to kill all the noob kser.
Just when the party is over and you must lvl alone till 50 it sucks as knight.
I think you should make start lvl 30, with D1 and the Area in front of it.
Then mages not so fast lvl 50 and not all make a mage to get fast money, leech at any area and hunt stuff at D1/D3.
And all the 1000 playerst not at same time in D1.
 
hm conclusion is: the bigger **** server is, the most player it has; meaning you think that Redemption will have 1k players <=> means server will be a major ****, concluding by you

i don't want to argue, but every server got that smth that makes ppls play it one way or another, usually ppls won't just leave some thing and go to other
 
I mean a stable server with active gms and working updates can get so much member although when it is so fkn unbalance and with corrupt gms.
Redemtion will have more updates, intlike 3rd job, more new thinks then int, less bugs then on other server, no hacker,...
it just must run wihout crashes every 5 min and without bugges like NWK at the end with the monsters.
Then this server will reach 1k+ players.
 
With this exp rate you won't spend much time in D1...I guess you will reach lvl 50 within 6 hours.. Low rated servers is dead I think (Nowadays after one month, many newcomers won't even start when they feel the exp rate and look on the ranking). Therefore I think x100 (x30-x40) exp is good, specially when the exp-rate gets decreased after level 75.. Then we have a smaller edge between normal players and harcore players..

Wonder if DSS will be with evasion/armor and otp/weapon?
 
I guess you will reach lvl 50 within 6 hours.. Low rated servers is dead I think

6 hours to reach Lv.50? even at NWK it was not that long comon folk, is not a flame war. He got the right to give his own opinion. Anyway is not because you dislike something which mean striker do same. Let him choose and at the end you gonna see what will happens.
 
With this exp rate you won't spend much time in D1...I guess you will reach lvl 50 within 6 hours.. Low rated servers is dead I think (Nowadays after one month, many newcomers won't even start when they feel the exp rate and look on the ranking). Therefore I think x100 (x30-x40) exp is good, specially when the exp-rate gets decreased after level 75.. Then we have a smaller edge between normal players and harcore players..

Wonder if DSS will be with evasion/armor and otp/weapon?

I think only OTP on weapons cause it was to op with eva on armors.
BUT I'll add as a upcomming update Weapons like normal, rare, unique which gives you f.e. +10% otp, crit rate, crit damage , +10% eva or something like this...
 
Back