Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Editing Chars Starting Values

ツ
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So, if someone come in here and says..

[Realese] Spam post

Hey I'm spamming..

It's a release too...

I dont see how this is so hard to understand....did u pass the 5th grade?:drinks_no

If this was a guide, i would go in depth explaining how to edit these stats, where to find them, how to save them, ect.

This is a RELEASE, im releasing WHERE the info can be found, and im releasing WHAT the info is.

My post is NOT spam, neither does it have anything to DO with spam, so idk where ur gettin that from...

Now please, if all your here to do is flame, gtfo.

:jester:

Mother effin' clouds
Loyal Member
Reaction score
very helpful thanks m8^^ for the cool find.

Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I dont see how this is so hard to understand....did u pass the 5th grade?:drinks_no

If this was a guide, i would go in depth explaining how to edit these stats, where to find them, how to save them, ect.

This is a RELEASE, im releasing WHERE the info can be found, and im releasing WHAT the info is.

My post is NOT spam, neither does it have anything to DO with spam, so idk where ur gettin that from...

Now please, if all your here to do is flame, gtfo.

:jester:

It's not spam, it was an example..

This is just a waste of bandiwth.

ツ
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's not spam, it was an example..

This is just a waste of bandiwth.

You think just because you know this, everyone else in the forums does? This may be a waste to you, because u already know it, but its probably helped a lot of people who DIDNT know where to edit these things.

Seriously, if ur just gunna flame for post count, gtfo.

ツ
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Great.... now there can be more GM servers for people who like to mess around -_-

Hey, better to have a server with all GMs, instead of 10 noobs coming in your server ad saying "Does J00 N33d |V|3 4 GM!?!?"

Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You think just because you know this, everyone else in the forums does? This may be a waste to you, because u already know it, but its probably helped a lot of people who DIDNT know where to edit these things.

Seriously, if ur just gunna flame for post count, gtfo.

I don't need nor care about post count..

And, if ppl just read another of the 300 post out there, they could realise this, basically, it's just lazyness.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
// ret.map = ChannelServer.getInstance(client.getChannel()).get MapFactory().getMap(0); // Starting map

Thats wrong :) Starting map is the one you see below that. As you can see that function is commented, meaning it has no effect. IM not being flameful, im just saying that :p

All wrong, I agree with the part that its commented and it dosent have effect, But!, The Map Value is Null because in MySQL, the column Map's Default value is 0, I THINK im 90% right, Im just saying, not flaming or anything

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
All wrong, I agree with the part that its commented and it dosent have effect, But!, The Map Value is Null because in MySQL, the column Map's Default value is 0, I THINK im 90% right, Im just saying, not flaming or anything

Good job bumping a more then a month old thread. NO BUMPING OLD THREADS.
There's a post of this in the guide section (this is for the people who WANT to post next time) So don't post here post it in the guide one

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
srry if this is bumping but, starting map thing:

Code:
  ret.map = null;
  // ret.map = ChannelServer.getInstance(client.getChannel()).getMapFactory().getMap(0);

check on MySQL,
see the default value for 'map', isnt that it..?
just change the '0' to '100000000' for example to start at henesys?

edit : srry, just saw superdodo12's post... >-<

Last edited:
Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Maybe because...

Code:
`map` int(11) NOT NULL default '[B]0[/B]'

. . .

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Cant this be done via ur db? Setting default values for those strings

Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hmm yea.

I have'nt checked, but i bet that map = null, because it would take the DB value, so yeah, only changing the db would do the work and would be a lot easier :/

Back