- Joined
- Dec 14, 2008
- Messages
- 24
- Reaction score
- 1
For the past few weeks, I've been working on the new FlareCMS that I had planned to do after I had discontinued the old FlareCMS project. I coded it from scratch but I took a few things from the old CMS. I'm still in the process of adding more features to this CMS but I think I have developed it enough for usage now. For more information, read the "About" section in the README file. In the future, I MIGHT release a version or modification compatible with Vana / Titan because it's only changing a few of the sql queries.
The current default template of the CMS is plain because I didn't bother working on the template this time, I just made a simple one. You guys can create your own templates or take them from somewhere and make it work with the CMS. I might make a new default template for the CMS some time in the future possibly.
I haven't tested this CMS completely so there might be a few flaws in the security and bugs. Please report any if you find them. I'll also provide help to questions in this thread ONLY. Do not private message me unless I tell you to or add me on any messenger.
I will be developing it at random times of the week so there might not be progress for 1-2 days at certain times. If anyone has suggestions on what to add or fix then I'll gladly accept it.
Enjoy!
Step 1:
------
Open the file 'includes/config.php' and edit the MySQL info.
inside for the CMS to work properly. Follow the comments.
Step 2:
------
Open up any browser and enter the path to your CMS. If you're
hosting the CMS on your own computer, just type in 'localhost'
and the folder if you put the files in one.
(Ex.
Step 3:
-------
After you've completed step 2, you should be redirected to the
installation page. If it doesn't redirect you to the page you
must add 'install/index.php' to the end of the url. Follow all
of the instructions on that page to successfully install this
CMS. All settings can be changed in the AdminCP after you've
installed the CMS.
Step 4:
-------
Remove the file 'index.php' from the 'install' folder after the
installation. After this you can edit your site settings, add
entries, downloads, etc.
If you have any questions about the installation process, feel
free to contact me where I'm available.
------
Open the file 'includes/config.php' and edit the MySQL info.
inside for the CMS to work properly. Follow the comments.
Step 2:
------
Open up any browser and enter the path to your CMS. If you're
hosting the CMS on your own computer, just type in 'localhost'
and the folder if you put the files in one.
(Ex.
To view the content, you need to sign in or register
)Step 3:
-------
After you've completed step 2, you should be redirected to the
installation page. If it doesn't redirect you to the page you
must add 'install/index.php' to the end of the url. Follow all
of the instructions on that page to successfully install this
CMS. All settings can be changed in the AdminCP after you've
installed the CMS.
Step 4:
-------
Remove the file 'index.php' from the 'install' folder after the
installation. After this you can edit your site settings, add
entries, downloads, etc.
If you have any questions about the installation process, feel
free to contact me where I'm available.
- Homepage, Registration, Download, Ranking, Support page as usual
- Server Statistics (Total accounts, total characters, server status, etc.)
- UserCP and AdminCP
- News & Comment system
- Information is stored in SQL instead of PHP
- Available SQL configuration: Settings, Downloads, Entries, Templates, Rules, FAQ, Navigation, and Staff List
- Template system
- Custom fixes and pages
- Protected against SQL injections and others
- And more, can't list them from the top of my head
Q: How do I install FlareCMS?
A: Read the 'Installation' part of this README.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Q: How do I turn on the site after I turned it offline?
A: Change the value of the setting 'site_online' to 1 in the
'cms_settings' table
---------------------------------------------------------------
Q: How do I make someone an Admin?
A: Change the 'cms_admin' column to 1 in the 'accounts' table
---------------------------------------------------------------
Q: How can I get my work committed to the project?
A: Any modification, template, things that may be useful to
the project can be sent to me and I'll decide if it will be
committed. The files might be changed by me to either meet
my coding standards or for other reasons (Ex. compatibility)
A: Read the 'Installation' part of this README.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Q: How do I turn on the site after I turned it offline?
A: Change the value of the setting 'site_online' to 1 in the
'cms_settings' table
---------------------------------------------------------------
Q: How do I make someone an Admin?
A: Change the 'cms_admin' column to 1 in the 'accounts' table
---------------------------------------------------------------
Q: How can I get my work committed to the project?
A: Any modification, template, things that may be useful to
the project can be sent to me and I'll decide if it will be
committed. The files might be changed by me to either meet
my coding standards or for other reasons (Ex. compatibility)
Main Site Preview:
Control Panel Preview:
BluePigment Preview:
TechJunkie Preview:
Control Panel Preview:
BluePigment Preview:
TechJunkie Preview:
To view the content, you need to sign in or register
To view the content, you need to sign in or register
To view the content, you need to sign in or register
The current default template of the CMS is plain because I didn't bother working on the template this time, I just made a simple one. You guys can create your own templates or take them from somewhere and make it work with the CMS. I might make a new default template for the CMS some time in the future possibly.
I haven't tested this CMS completely so there might be a few flaws in the security and bugs. Please report any if you find them. I'll also provide help to questions in this thread ONLY. Do not private message me unless I tell you to or add me on any messenger.
I will be developing it at random times of the week so there might not be progress for 1-2 days at certain times. If anyone has suggestions on what to add or fix then I'll gladly accept it.
Enjoy!
Last edited:

