• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[RELEASE] IMG COMPILER - Web Based

ex visor
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hello,

The following archive that I'm releasing will simply compress .BMP files to .IMG files. To view/extract the .BMP files from an .IMG file you need to use insidegb.exe (which for your sake I'll also include in the archive).

This script is website-based, and I believe you need to set up a database with it as well.

Test & use at your own discretion.

Note: I'm not the creator.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
This does not work for serverlist_back.img (the world list background). It causes Gunbound to throw an error about GunBound.gme terminating in an unusual way.

EDIT: I happily stand corrected. I wasn't aware that I had to vertically flip each image in Photoshop and then save them as a certain kind of BMP. However... transparency doesn't seem to work right. Maybe that's a problem with IMG Tools.

EDIT2: Actually, I think the lack of transparency is a problem with this script. How does Gunbound detect transparency?

Last edited:
ex visor
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This just simply cannot be used with images that require transparency. How GunBound actually detects it though, is beyond me.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Sucks. I remember hearing about an avatar editor that allowed for transparency. You had to color transparent pixels a certain shade of blue, import them into the program, and press a button that was labeled something like "Make Transparent".

I've yet to find a similar program that works for all images, though. :/

ex visor
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I mean, for avatars to make them transparent.. such as the GM avatars in Gunbound Classic all you do is simply add an l behind the image name (which is a lowercase L). For example, mh0022l.img and that avatar will be transparent.

In regards to other images such as buttons, and other graphics that may be transparent, I'm not sure how to "make" them transparent, nor do I know how GunBound detects it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It is not working for me =[ i am probably doing something wrong but like even when i use the Image Editor it doesn't work and now cant get this to work i think i might not be setting up data base up the rite way its for a gbth server adding ruler to it but its not working

Back