Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Jade Dynasty Legacy - Ubuntu Server Complete - 11 Classes MySQL/MsSQL

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
firstly id like to thank Ling for a awsome server release and dispite the many comment about 64bit vs x86 i find it to be a very stable server
as far as the missing npcs heres a lil hint "its way easier to edit the triggers to make them show up using Shimmy's 1105 npcgen he released a few days ago with a very detailed translation" i managed to find a 301 client after days of searching online (cause official client is at 302) so ty to both Ling and shimmy on a fantastic job but now i got alot of work ahead of me cause ive stripped out all the editing i could find to get both client and server as stock as possible so i can then create something unique that has never been done since im constantly being falsely accused of stealing ppls work which is why i dropped the 9 class server all together.

PS. has anyone got a working EL editor? cause i want to change a few things plus, Mr Ling what exactly is the drop rate on this server and can u hook a bro up with some tools? cause all i care for is tools to work with and translations i really rather do the work myself contrary to a certain person belief on here and also i will try to help by putting together an upload of the client for ppl that don have it. also anyone that wants to join in on any of my projects with me and my friends feel free to join us just message me here thnx again ling.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
you know i think some folks are just plain out lazy on file uploading. Ling has been told multiple times that the file links don't work most of the time but still refuses to upload to more mirrors. The mediafire off due to no more resources for the account. and the other only a limited number of free slots. which has to open up over the last couple of days. And yet multiple folks in this thread supposedly have gotten the files downloaded but refuse to help out by uploading them to a different source. It is disturbing how many folks refuse to help out each other with files and such that have been shared.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
you know this is getting to be ridiculous in the fact that following suggestions and fixes none of them work.

I am still getting nothing but Server update in progress please login in later.

or if i am lucky Server Network Error.

here is my setup/versions:

Server files from Ling's post on page 1. Official 3.0.1 client via 3.0.1 installer.

Copied all files in the clients data folder of the elements folder into /usr/rain/gamed/config user permissions are 0755 ownership is root:root

using regular apache2 with mysql and php installed openjdk-6-jre AND openjdk-6-jdk

i even got to stop showing the
gdelivery error

but now have a gdelivery gamedb connect fail at the start of the scripts

so please explain how to fix the errors without the standard check versions and crap.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
not anywhere in this thread is it stated that you should copy your clients data folder to the server side thats your 1st problem right there i bet.
the english data files are different from what the server side uses and im pretty sure thats where your "server update in progress" etc come from.
the only files that actually need to be matched/synched client/server wise is elements.data and gshop.data and tbh you dont even have to synch elements.data to login and test since my server uses the original elements.data that came with it and my client simply uses the english elements.data

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1st i never said it was this thread

2nd it is mentioned in other threads that the cause of the message is the versions of the data files. elements.data on this client i have if it differes at all from what was installed by the install I get a error message and the client shuts down.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
its partially true as i stated before my client is using the english elements.data and my server is using the one that came with it.
using the english data files on your server will not work since theyre different.
from what i can tell if you synch anything at all synch the data from server side to the client im pretty sure it doesnt work the other way around.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
when you say sync you mean copy the data files - elements.data to the client side?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
ye thats what i mean but honestly you shouldnt even have to copy elements.data to your client it should work just copying the gshop.data files from server to client side.
as i stated before my client is still using the original elements.data that it came with.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ling can you please tell me either in reply or pm the location for changing the exp elements.data wide from such a high set that it is now. Cause the thing is my win7 doesn't display the CN characters right and I also don't speak the language. If I knew where the numbers were I could do the rest i think if I knew what button did what lol.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
because of a bad command on an uninstall I had to reinstall ubuntu ><

on a fresh copy of the server files things edited not copied from client things show to be running smoothly from what i can tell. no err messages after everything is loaded.

client side:

fresh install from installer:
changed server addresses
run a quick launcher to get systemsettings.ini
loaded elementgame.exe try to log in

Error: Server update is going on. Please login later.

patched: gshop.data gshop1.data gshop2.data from server

Same error message

what other files could this be caused by as I know it is due to not all files synched

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
well server files work thanks so much Ling but there is alot of missing npcs some charitable soul have npc.data more complete?
also
the Exp rates are too TOO high for my taste how to lower them (like 3 for killing and 2 for task) i am using clean 328 client files
thanks

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
just the gshop.data from server to client
right now i test the npcgen.data posted in 9 class tread and "Dispacher Xuja" show's up but still missing some other npcs in "Dragon Palace"
2012-07-30 21-53-54 - [Release] Jade Dynasty Legacy - Ubuntu Server Complete - 11 Classes MySQL/MsSQL - RaGEZONE Forums
2012-07-30 21-18-56 - [Release] Jade Dynasty Legacy - Ubuntu Server Complete - 11 Classes MySQL/MsSQL - RaGEZONE Forums

and xp rates so so high i only finish the first quest and i get lvl 25 :(

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
View attachment npcgen.rar heres the npcgen.data for ss with trggers edited for 2 of the 3 npcs i found missing which would be TW agent and drgon mnt Jessie. the other npc i found missing is the banker which i havent found in this npcgen at all which means we will need one that contains this npc, this is what ive gotten so far hope it helps

Note. this files goes to /usr/rain/gamed/config/z1 server side only and jessie and TW agent will appear after server restart.

on a side note has anyone edited the gs.conf of these server files? cause atm the portal in DR that jessie sends u to doesnt work and also i want to edit the ability to teleport to certain maps and i know this file is directly linked to both of those so anyone willing to help a noob out will be greatly appreciated

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back