Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Model Viewer

Robb
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Awesome

I got one easy suggestion though,
It should set all .ski files to open with that program when you double click it and also set their icon to the icon of the program, more noob-friendly and means we don't have to go assign path, program and icon ourselves.

I can never get the icons to show up nicely anyway.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Sounds like a good suggestion rb138 although i don't want to force people to use this program as the default program.
And also when someone is capable of unpacking the .pck files then i think that someone should be capable of setting it as default program :p

Reaction score
You say this was originally for converting the models to Last Chaos correct?

How did you handle the animations? Are they converted too or did you reanimate them or are the models just stationary with no animation.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
The animations in lastchaos are in a seperate file.
Sadly im not into perfectworld enough to know where it stores the animations else it would be possible probably to convert those also to lastchaos.
Currently i just use the animations of other already existing npc's or items.
They do require some work because the bone names are a bit different aswell as the weights.

But maybe if someone could point me to the perfectworld animation files then mabe it will be possible to show the model + animation in a future version of this viewer

Reaction score
I believe the animations are stored in the .bon files in the same folder as the model.

RBB made a 010 template for them that you may find useful.

The main reason I asked is not because I want an animation viewer but I want an easy way to create a .bon file. I want to be able to create a model from scratch, texture it, rig it, animate it, and export it out to PWI structure so I can create custom mobs. An Animation viewer would still be useful though.

Also is there a way to reset the view to how it was when you loaded it? Can you also make it so the model isn't rotated or moved when the viewer isn't the active window. Atm its rotating while I type this and completely disappeared out of the window.

Yay my modified model works :D
Wizatek - [Release] Model Viewer - RaGEZONE Forums

----Edit----

Its works with completely new models as well. The following is a model I made from scratch and just exported out to .ski. There are some graphical errors with the texture but its probably something I did when exporting. All the glitchy areas are where I cut the UV. I haven't tested the model in game and probably wont since its rather high poly and isn't designed for games.
Wizatek - [Release] Model Viewer - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Robb
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Not all .bon files store animation.
Some store them in multiple .bon files under subfolders and some store them in .stck files also under subfolders. The version of the .smd file will tell you where to find them, details

Also as for the default file, there is currently no other program to open .skis with.
Only one that exists is importing them once inside of blender.

Last edited:
RaGEaholic
Reaction score
Great program, and the newest is definately alot better than the last, however the .dds not found for every .dds kind of gets annoying. Even without finding them it normally still opens, but is kind of a hassle to deal with. Any way to by pass this? Thanks again, helps a ton.

Genesis?Is it a new drug?
Reaction score
Wizatek, it would be great to have a flash version of this model viewer... I mean...

Alex shared a elements -> mysql converter, you shared a model viewer... if we could have a model viewer for web it will be easier to have a online database xD

But, that's just a suggestion, I never used flash in my life, I guess it haves a exclusive programation language, lol

And... thanks by the share, the program is excellent!

Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Wizatek, it would be great to have a flash version of this model viewer... I mean...

Alex shared a elements -> mysql converter, you shared a model viewer... if we could have a model viewer for web it will be easier to have a online database xD

But, that's just a suggestion, I never used flash in my life, I guess it haves a exclusive programation language, lol

And... thanks by the share, the program is excellent!

Yeah... Good luck with that... Flash is already bad enough with raping CPUs when all it is doing is moving vector images around to some sound. Do you really want to see how much it will rape the life out of your CPU doing 3D rendering?

Angelemu founder
Reaction score
flash is a dying format... make it in asp, wheres the problem?

Genesis?Is it a new drug?
Reaction score
Well, you're right about that, in Aion database a simple sword model takes 8 ~ 10% of my cpu. I have x4 3.0...

I'm not acquainted with programation yet, that's why I suggested that Wizatek do it in flash xD

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I think silverlight would be the best option since its client side.
To make something like this serverside i think im bound to things that are able to display 3d stuff.
Maybe java would be a option

Angelemu founder
Reaction score
whatever you like, but keep in mind that with java you need some kine of wrapping over ogl and others... very system and browser dependent poop.. it toook the aion webpage over a year to display the player chars properly on all systems.
I suggest you stick to the stuff you already know and use .net/silverlight

Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score
whatever you like, but keep in mind that with java you need some kine of wrapping over ogl and others... very system and browser dependent poop.. it toook the aion webpage over a year to display the player chars properly on all systems.
I suggest you stick to the stuff you already know and use .net/silverlight

SlimDX is also an excellent wrapper for DirectX (wayyyy better than XNA, SlimDX can easily be translated from C++ DirectX code. Even though he is using the ancient Managed DirectX that Microsoft doesn't support anymore)

Back