Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Original Darks'Team MuServer 97d+99i Beta 43.3

The Supreme King
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You're a legend, mate. Haven't been on in ages but have been craving some old 97d action again and just happened to see this. Epic! Do you know if there's any source floating around for that version, too? Would be fun to take a poke and see what can/can't be done as a hobby on the side.
I don't consider myself a legend, but I'm old school 97d+99i,as far as I know, the original creator does not give it away for free or sell it,my opinion is a good thing even if maybe this project died or not,let's say I get a source, no one will do what the original creator DarkMaster did believe what I say,in the past this version had a lot of problems who played with 97d knows what I'm saying

Reaction score
i agree with Masteru i am sure u worked with plenty of 97d files and you are doing a great job with that.
Unfortunaly dark'steam will never share anything with his 97d
But remember: if u are a coder, you can do better than darksteam, u can make your own .dll for gs and code better than darkmaster, my partner coder did the best ever job i ever seen and using same files/client but it took 1-2 years or more to add the important customs or original kalima, chaos castle, new functions, offfattack and things like that, that needs alot of focused work.

the bad thing about original classic client 97d99i = the false virus, and its very very hard to clean it, so people use downgrade new versions which have no virus but its not classic client, other than this issue 97d99i classic are great files, even from darkmaster this files are great too, but still very slow progress in updating or so, so its better to re-code your own .dll and improve this files if u want this unique classic server with fixes/modifications/addons fallenfate

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
When trying to create a character through MuEdit I receive an error message. Creating an account works normally, only the character error appears. Creating the character in the game works.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Screen with the settings ?
[ConnectOptions]
MuOnlineDatabaseName=MuOnline
RankingDatabaseName=MuOnline
DatabaseUser=sa
DatabasePassword=password
Datasource=MuOnline
[ResetOptions]
Reset_column=
Reset_Table=
Reset_CharacterIdCollumn=
[Skins]
SkinEnabled=0
SkinFile=

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's probably an error in SQL, trying to convert a varchar type to smalldatetime, I restored another database file and compared the types in Character, AccountCharacter and Memb_Info, but the error appeared anyway. On the screen to create a character in MuEdit, you only insert the character's name, can you tell me in which tables MuEdit makes this insertion? Anyway, thanks.
_____

Doing some tests and changing these columns in the database, in the Character table it worked.

smalldatetime to varchar.

Column
[MDate] [varchar](50)
[LDate] [varchar](50)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
no idea what this means, everything should work if you have the right settings, editor runs with ODBC and should work fine, but u get sql native error, how did you do odbc ?
It means that in ODBC there is system and user. They were created in the system and all in SQL Server.

Anyway, changing the data type in the database stopped the error, I don't know if it could cause any problems in the future.

Thanks.

Attachments

Reaction score
It means that in ODBC there is system and user. They were created in the system and all in SQL Server.

Anyway, changing the data type in the database stopped the error, I don't know if it could cause any problems in the future.

Thanks.
good that it fixed ur error.
also, u need to add odbc nowdays only for :

MuOnline
MuOnlineJoinDB
Event
Ranking

the rest no needed unless u have extra DB with those.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hola buenas tardes necesito de tu ayuda para saber como solucionar el siguiente error. Solo cambiará la IP, los datos SQL y restaurará la base de datos.

I HAVE A VPS WINDOWS SERVER 2008 R2 AND SQL SERVER 2000!!

1708624045113 - [Release] Original Darks'Team MuServer 97d+99i Beta 43.3 - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Reaction score
Hola buenas tardes necesito de tu ayuda para saber como solucionar el siguiente error. Solo cambiará la IP, los datos SQL y restaurará la base de datos.

I HAVE A VPS WINDOWS SERVER 2008 R2 AND SQL SERVER 2000!!

View attachment 256829
why not use sql 2008 ? 2005 old and configs not load correct and gs crash i think

Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Masteru KarLi For sure, just figured I'd ask. I'm good with C# and web languages but that's about it, not familiar with DLL injecting and reverse engineering yet. That's something I'd like to get into down the line. I just thought maybe some source was floating around I could poke at to experiment in case it was in C#/C++. I've got some Season 8 source from IGCN from years ago so I can always play with that, but 97/99 was my nostalgic beginning, so it's always got a special place. :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
¿Por qué no utilizar SQL 2008? 2005 antiguo y las configuraciones no se cargan correctamente y creo que gs falla
Hello friend, thanks for responding, the problem was that I was missing libraries, everything is fine now.

I have 2 questions, the first is that I already configured spot and everything else but there comes a time when the monsters stop appearing and I have to stop attacking and move and then see them again, why is that? I have everything configured well.

The second thing is that I would like to know how to change the client's font type.

thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Hello friend, thanks for responding, the problem was that I was missing libraries, everything is fine now.

I have 2 questions, the first is that I already configured spot and everything else but there comes a time when the monsters stop appearing and I have to stop attacking and move and then see them again, why is that? I have everything configured well.

The second thing is that I would like to know how to change the client's font type.

thank you!

for 1st problem ,
if you put maaaaaany monsters, it will be like 'lag' and monsters will not appear cuz its too many mobs and respawn fast

for 2nd question
u can try check in data/local/text.bmd find arial or the default font and change it, although i dont remember exactly

but u have font problems or u just want other font ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
para el primer problema,
Si pones muchos monstruos, será como un 'retraso' y los monstruos no aparecerán porque hay demasiados mobs y reaparecerán rápidamente.

para la segunda pregunta
Puedes intentar verificar en data/local/text.bmd buscar arial o la fuente predeterminada y cambiarla, aunque no recuerdo exactamente

¿Pero tienes problemas con las fuentes o simplemente quieres otra fuente?

for 1st problem ,
if you put maaaaaany monsters, it will be like 'lag' and monsters will not appear cuz its too many mobs and respawn fast

for 2nd question
u can try check in data/local/text.bmd find arial or the default font and change it, although i dont remember exactly

but u have font problems or u just want other font ?

Yes, I have tried up to 5 monsters for 3 seconds in each spot and the bug continues.It also happens in BC with the default monsters.

1708734973561 - [Release] Original Darks'Team MuServer 97d+99i Beta 43.3 - RaGEZONE Forums

And I already searched in Text.bmd and couldn't find anything related to a font type.

How do I change the client's items? For example the SM has pink wings, I would like to make them originally white.Try changing .bmd and OZJ files

Attachments

Last edited:
Back