[Release] Tip NPC

Initiate Mage
Joined
Nov 15, 2010
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hey guys.
This is a little idea I got from MoongraMS. It is an NPC that tells you good places to train for level 1-70. Note that this is not taken from moongraMS source, because it is written by me.

Here is the code, Enjoy!
PS: This is my first release, so no flaming please :)
[EDIT] Added cm.dispose(); for proper disposing, thanks guys :)


PHP:
 /*
    Author @Joep
    First release ragezone!.
                                        */
var status = 0;
function start() {
status = -1;
action(1, 0, 0);
}
function action(mode, type, selection) {
if (mode == -1) {
cm.dispose();
} else {
if (mode == 0) {
cm.dispose();
return;
}
if (mode == 1)
status++;
else
status--;
if (status == 0) {
cm.sendNext("Hey, whatsup man? Since Joep just launched the server, I was suddenly hired to give you tips! Sighh... Well, this job seems kind of fun, but I don't really have a choice. Anywayyyy, would you like to read further?");
} else if (status == 1) {
cm.sendNext("Alright let's get started. This tip section is completely based off a player's perspective, so if you don't like it, blame Guus. Remember, these are places from level #r1-70 #kfor EXP Only. If you are looking for places to Train for #rMesos, #kthen press next.\r\n#k\r\nLevel #b1-10 #k~~~~~ Maple Island\r\nLevel #b10-15 #k~~~~~ Job training quests\r\nLevel #b15-20 #k~~~~~ Green Mushrooms/Dark Axe Stump\r\nLevel #b20-30 #k~~~~~ Ant Tunnel 1,2, and 3\r\nLevel #b30-38 #k~~~~~ Central Way 3\r\nLevel #b38-45 #k~~~~~ Suburban Area 1\r\nLevel #b45-55 #k~~~~~ Mysterious Path 1\r\nLevel #b55-60 #k~~~~~ Mysterious Path 2\r\nLevel #b60-70 #k~~~~~ Mysterious Path 3 or Voodoos");
} else if (status == 2) {
cm.sendNext("Alright, these are places to train at from level #r1-70 #kfor #rMesos #konly!\r\nLevel #b1-10 #k~~~~~ Maple Island\r\nLevel #b10-15 #k~~~~~ Job training quests\r\nLevel #b15-20 #k~~~~~ Green Mushrooms\r\nLevel #b20-30 #k~~~~~ Ant Tunnel 1, 2, and 3\r\nLevel #b30-40 #k~~~~~ Terrace Hall\r\nLevel #b40-50 #k~~~~~ Lost Time <1>, Lost Time <2>\r\nLevel #b50-55 #k~~~~~~ Practice Field: Beginner\r\nLevel #b55-60 #k~~~~~ Cold Field 1\r\nLevel #b60-70 #k~~~~~ Ghost Ship/Ice Valley 1");
} else if (status == 3) {
cm.sendOk("Your welcome! Need any more tips? Just go onto the forums, or ask anyone in the community :)");
cm.dispose();
}
}
}
 
Last edited:
Wait what, isn't it a bit lame to tell where to train? I mean come on as a private server you shouldn't recommend a few mobs and leave the rest behind, you can make your own system which is way better.
 
Wait what, isn't it a bit lame to tell where to train? I mean come on as a private server you shouldn't recommend a few mobs and leave the rest behind, you can make your own system which is way better.

Well, this is just ment to help out players that are completely new to the game, and what do you mean with your own system?
 
Well, this is just ment to help out players that are completely new to the game, and what do you mean with your own system?

I believe most people play GMS before Private Severs, but I agree with this idea. You don't know how many times being a GM, or even a player, in any server so far that I had been asked, "gm wher i train?????".

Edit: If you still haven't caught on, you need a cm.dispose(); at the end of the NPC. Right after the cm.sendOk. Also, please put [.php][./php] (without the .s) around your coding. It will make it neater+colorful :3
 
Last edited:
Well, this is just ment to help out players that are completely new to the game, and what do you mean with your own system?

I don't think newbies start of with private servers instead of the original verion.
Anyway,you can change the exprate for a mob from the XML's , yea it is time consuming but it pays off. Every server has the same crap, bigfoots and silver slimes give you tons of exp, it's not even hard to change these to different mobs to make your server atleast a bit different.
 
I don't think newbies start of with private servers instead of the original verion.
Anyway,you can change the exprate for a mob from the XML's , yea it is time consuming but it pays off. Every server has the same crap, bigfoots and silver slimes give you tons of exp, it's not even hard to change these to different mobs to make your server atleast a bit different.

Sorry, I forgot to add it's ment for low rate servers. That's why I got the idea from MoongraMS, because they don't have any "edited" mobs.
 
I don't think newbies start of with private servers instead of the original verion.
Anyway,you can change the exprate for a mob from the XML's , yea it is time consuming but it pays off. Every server has the same crap, bigfoots and silver slimes give you tons of exp, it's not even hard to change these to different mobs to make your server atleast a bit different.

Thanks for reminding me to use my XML notepad! :ott:

I totally forgot I could do that.
 
Back