Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Vana (A TitanMS Fork) [ITEM BUFF] [Recruiting]

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Saving should be fine, just make sure you've run all the latest SQL files up to 0021. Cheers.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Weird, I tried all clean new files from rev 481, new database, ran all the sql files and vedb v8 and it still doesnt save..

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
thanks it work....
oh ya can fix this?
when using example !map nath
they all go back to mapleisland....
its is possible to make it to like
Command Not found?
The problem is that !map is a command, and "nath" is an argument. Just because someone puts in "nath" as an argument when it should be a map ID doesn't make the command !map any less valid. Therefore, people just need to know to use !port for named places and !map for a map ID, it's as simple as that. Without any argument at all, !map will give you the ID of your current map.

I know this might be odd with the mentioning of the word "argument" which most people don't seem to understand since they make new commands for EVERYTHING under the sun, but let me explain it a bit for you:

Code:
!port argument

!port is a command, which takes one argument or parameter being the place to which to port. Whether or not the argument is valid, the command !port is valid. Therefore, saying "invalid command" if they put in a bad argument in would be wrong. At most you would say "invalid portal recall".

LeoDirk: I think that saving, or at least part of it, may indeed be broken. I am going to have a look at the save query and see if I can find the problem.

EDIT: Saving is currently not occurring upon logging out due to the way pawitp set it up to handle changing channels which involves a player disconnecting from one channel server and connecting to another. So save_on_dc is never set to true which in turn causes no save. I will see if I can get the code for this in the proper place. Cheers.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
EDIT: Saving is currently not occurring upon logging out due to the way pawitp set it up to handle changing channels which involves a player disconnecting from one channel server and connecting to another. So save_on_dc is never set to true which in turn causes no save. I will see if I can get the code for this in the proper place. Cheers.

Whoops, that was supposed to be defaulted to true. and I integrated !map with !port and it works properly with an error message now.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hm....just a suggestion here.
how about adding changing rate method into the configuration file instead of changing them in mob.cpp and drop.cpp
How about you stop being a noob and learn some C++.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The problem is that !map is a command, and "nath" is an argument. Just because someone puts in "nath" as an argument when it should be a map ID doesn't make the command !map any less valid. Therefore, people just need to know to use !port for named places and !map for a map ID, it's as simple as that. Without any argument at all, !map will give you the ID of your current map.

I know this might be odd with the mentioning of the word "argument" which most people don't seem to understand since they make new commands for EVERYTHING under the sun, but let me explain it a bit for you:

Code:
!port argument

!port is a command, which takes one argument or parameter being the place to which to port. Whether or not the argument is valid, the command !port is valid. Therefore, saying "invalid command" if they put in a bad argument in would be wrong. At most you would say "invalid portal recall".

LeoDirk: I think that saving, or at least part of it, may indeed be broken. I am going to have a look at the save query and see if I can find the problem.

wow he put it in le....
this is what i trying to say....

if (Maps::info.find(mapid) != Maps::info.end())
Maps::changeMap(player, mapid, 0);
else
PlayerPacket::showMessage(player, "Invalid map entered.", 5);

good good Vana Developers Take Suggestions...
not like other developers --'

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
This is fixed <_<

In in your code atoi("astring") would return 0 causing you to warp back to maple island.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is fixed <_<

In in your code atoi("astring") would return 0 causing you to warp back to maple island.

thanks
about the jobs
i do not have full jobs npc
any idea where can i get?

that would be great if all invaild command
does the same thing like !map now...
this would let the commands give less crashs
and the header had big problem cant use
will crash server...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How about you stop being a noob and learn some C++.

lol...im just giving a suggestion about adding in the OFFICIAL vana it doesnt mean i don't know C++ and i have already done adding the changing rate method on Configuration file but im not releasing it because there is SOMEONE like YOU being a such witch.
How about you stop being a noob and learn some ENGLISH first.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Bug! Logout does not send data to sql server
and it still show login causing server to crash....

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
lol...im just giving a suggestion about adding in the OFFICIAL vana it doesnt mean i don't know C++ and i have already done adding the changing rate method on Configuration file but im not releasing it because there is SOMEONE like YOU being a such witch.
How about you stop being a noob and learn some ENGLISH first.
And I care why?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Updates which changes parts of the code from char[] to std::string which will eventually make the code easier to maintain.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It seems this source is very sensitive to hacking(vacs especially). They are certain dc to all players.
Btw could someone help me? It seems players cannot connect to my server. Can someone tell what ip's to change in the conf files exactly?

Back