Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[REQ] [C#] Compiler

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I Can get a c# Compiler im following a book and it says I need one i've googled it but nothing realy come up =) Help.
and a tut on how to use it would be good please =)

also if you can add my msn: mikey_ea@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Mike

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Look for Visual Studio.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
like visual studio .NET 2003?

Also is this the Language you use to create games Like MMORPG's and stuff?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
So i just download csc.exe? and thank you =)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
like visual studio .NET 2003?

Also is this the Language you use to create games Like MMORPG's and stuff?

You don't really _need_ visual studio to compile a C# program. All you really need is the .NET framework (It comes with the C# compiler 'csc'). However, a compiler isn't really everything, an IDE makes your life boatloads easier, which is where Visual C# comes in. Download it here: (Obviously it'd be the one named Visual C# 2008 Express Edition).

As for writing MMORPGs in C#, it's possible, but not exactly the 'right tool for the job'. C++ is and will probably continue to be for a while, the best choice when it comes to MMORPGs.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok ive got c# 2008 but I dunno realy how to use it. "/ So thats a real Set-back "/
and im following a guide, and its up to Helloworld commands or something and i paste the code into the c# 2008 code of a form, do i need to put the code in a GUI form?

Edit, not a GUI a console form =)

Reaction score
I wish I knew microsoft languages... I can't understand the stuff.

I like code that you can open notepad and go. But then again, Flash is one of my strongpoints, which is the opposite of notepad.. Lmao

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I tried Visual Studio ... horrible! I quickly removed it and got back to C++ :p

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Lmao i think ima give up on C# And learn Visual Basic first, =) im currently making an RPG in it but i need help with getting info from a .txt file and printing it on a page.
Via Label or Text box, Either way it dosent matter to me.
Please help im making a new thread for this now. [VB2008] [EXPRESS]

Back