• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[REQUEST] Digital Signature

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hello,

i was wondering if there a script out there,
that can do the following.

You sign your signature in a sqaure box when you submit the form it saves as a image.

I searched on google didn't came up with anything i could use.

- Passie

Infraction Baɴɴed
Loyal Member
Reaction score
you need a art pen that connects to the computer and almost no-body has them so its pointless.

on top of that atm no website coding language can really do what your asking (i think)

EDIT:
LOL forget that html5 canvas can do (i think) but i dont think it will save the image.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Well i've seen them working with javascript and combination of php to save it as a image.

@Justei

ill try your script if that works for me :)

edit:

this script wont do it for me i want to use the mouse for the signature

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

What is search is this : Koop het Digitale Handtekening Script

but then for free.

Reaction score
Here is a simple paint canvas done in javascript and HTML:
Web Speaks: Create Simple Paint Canvas using JavaScript
If this isn't exactly what you want, or you seek alternatives, try googling simple paint in javascript.

As for saving it from a javascript/html display to a server... that may be a bit tricky, as Javascript and HTML are client-side code, but a server (obviously) uses server-side code, like PHP.

There are almost always workarounds, though; especially when there are other scripts that do it ;).

After a few minutes of research...
Server-side Javascript library (I did not read much in to this at all, no idea if it will prove useful):
http://ejohn.org/blog/server-side-javascript-with-jaxer/

You could also try using CGI, ASP, or Flash instead of Javascript. The script you posted: http://www.pendo.nl/demos/handtekening/index.html is written in Shockwave, which is essentially Flash. (I don't want to get in to the gritty differences, heh...)

But, why not just buy the script you posted? It's just under 11Euros. You would probably be saving a lot more time, and thus money. (Do you want to spend 20 hours finding/building one, or one to two hours money's worth on a nicely built product?)

Last edited:
Infraction Baɴɴed
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well i've seen them working with javascript and combination of php to save it as a image.

@Justei

ill try your script if that works for me :)

edit:

this script wont do it for me i want to use the mouse for the signature

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

What is search is this : Koop het Digitale Handtekening Script

but then for free.

ever right click that image area? youll see its a swf.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Perhaps ill just buy it, but is it worth 10 euro's?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Slightly confessed, That link above outputs an image when you click save.

passie - [REQUEST] Digital Signature - RaGEZONE Forums

If its a swf u can still print screen and resize in paint?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
@viroware i want to use this for the user to sign a contract or invoice.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@viroware i want to use this for the user to sign a contract or invoice.

mm Strange but ok, I dont think this has been done enough to just be laying around on the web but guessing this is for a website, I think JavaScript would be the best way like timebomb said.

Here is a simple paint canvas done in javascript and HTML:
Web Speaks: Create Simple Paint Canvas using JavaScript
If this isn't exactly what you want, or you seek alternatives, try googling simple paint in javascript.

I can see a download button but not tried it.

Infraction Baɴɴed
Loyal Member
Reaction score
why not get a legal bound terms and service and have the user agree to?

Back