[Request]Localhost creator for a v38 server

Newbie Spellweaver
Joined
Aug 7, 2013
Messages
30
Reaction score
3
Hi, everyone

For awhile now, it's been a dream of mine to make a the most nostalgic server in existence, and the lowest version of MapleStory I've yet to find was a v38 MSSetup. I've told players already I've been working on this for awhile, so I guess I'm going to stick with this idea. I know a bit of Java and I think that making this server wouldn't be all that hard, may need a few others to help out occasionally, but I came across one, heaping problem. I have no clue how to create a localhost. This of course, is a pretty large issue, considering the fact that one is needed to start the server. (derp)

I've though about using a redirector, but TBH it just doesn't have the same feel as it would if a localhost were to be ran in the process.

It would mean very much to me, and a few other players if anyone who knew how to create a localhost wouldn't mind doing so.

Not sure how they're made though, but if I were to guess, you might need v38 MapleStory to start



In hopes that someone can help me with this problem. If not, it'd be cool if there was anoyone out there who could teach me the ways of localhost creating, thanks!
 
I havn't checked the official client but I'm almost sure back then they used AsProtect 2 to pack those clients. Get yourself codedoctor for ollydbg and there is one problem solved. To get rid of gameguard just step through the executable in olly till you hit the loading points. You want some general knowledge about things like what JNZ / JMP means before you can do this though. Lastly there is most likely a CRC check, which I personally don't know how to remove. Sorry
 
Upvote 0
Hi, everyone

For awhile now, it's been a dream of mine to make a the most nostalgic server in existence, and the lowest version of MapleStory I've yet to find was a v38 MSSetup. I've told players already I've been working on this for awhile, so I guess I'm going to stick with this idea. I know a bit of Java and I think that making this server wouldn't be all that hard, may need a few others to help out occasionally, but I came across one, heaping problem. I have no clue how to create a localhost. This of course, is a pretty large issue, considering the fact that one is needed to start the server. (derp)

I've though about using a redirector, but TBH it just doesn't have the same feel as it would if a localhost were to be ran in the process.

It would mean very much to me, and a few other players if anyone who knew how to create a localhost wouldn't mind doing so.

Not sure how they're made though, but if I were to guess, you might need v38 MapleStory to start



In hopes that someone can help me with this problem. If not, it'd be cool if there was anoyone out there who could teach me the ways of localhost creating, thanks!

That would be MapleStory Beta, then! A localhost for the beta is publicly released, and sadly WvsBeta (Diamondo's beta server files in C#) have been leaked. Also, making a redirector is easy. Just take whatever redirector for v88 (LocalMS, for instance), and edit the crypto. That should do the trick. Also, sadly, you'd have to remove GameGuard. I doubt anyone is willing to do it for you.
 
Upvote 0
Back