[Request] New World Aeternum

Sorry for being away, life happened and progress halted hard. I'm not sure if I'll be able to continue. Moving past the spawn point was impossible tasks without proper client <-> server calls. Replaying the same packets allows to spawn on the ship but that's it.
1787282330801 - [Request] New World Aeternum - RaGEZONE Forums
1787282364871 - [Request] New World Aeternum - RaGEZONE Forums
1787282382345 - [Request] New World Aeternum - RaGEZONE Forums
1787282398608 - [Request] New World Aeternum - RaGEZONE Forums


I've been working on an server myself, and have login through character creation working. Agreed - entering the world from character selection is basically the choke point. SO much to get working/figure out beforehand. I'm working through this myself at the moment. Feels like once I crack this nut, the rest of the game will be a lot easier to deal with (modulo all the server side-only assets.)

I'm doing the REP server as well as emulated HUBs all written in a single go service, just to get things working. Ideally I'll have claude code figure out the proper branch point from vanilla lumberyard and have it spit out C++ for all the NW-specific code that isn't in the LY source. Operating under the assumption that the hub servers are C++ running the same code as the client, but in headless mode (so same physics engine, etc.)

Please reach out if you've made it beyond spawning the player/loading the level (state 14). would love to see what I've missed.
spawning on ship is the easy part, moving beyond that isnt. If you replay the captured packets, it will spawn you on the prologue mission but it'll also copy over the character's stats/info/db saved packets. There wasn't any way around it. Also, after spawning, the client/servers calls will halt and you will time out eventually. Replaying packets isn't the right way but if that makes you happy, do so.
 
Last edited:
Back