Reverse engineering a world map file

yes, after asm 'pack' (see in screen 'body size pack') in 'unpack' -> decompressed file
---upd---
as i promised, a few screenshots ...
from client (pack/unpack):
AcarX - Reverse engineering a world map file - RaGEZONE Forums
AcarX - Reverse engineering a world map file - RaGEZONE Forums
from my program (pack/unpack):
AcarX - Reverse engineering a world map file - RaGEZONE Forums
AcarX - Reverse engineering a world map file - RaGEZONE Forums
 
Last edited:
Don't know how to thank.. Amazing work man really appreciate everything you've done :blushing:

I do have one little problem though. When I try to unpack a file it's giving me access violation exception at:

Code:
jb loop12
inc ecx
push esi
mov esi, edi
sub esi, eax
rep movsb // here
 
Last edited:
@lastfun
Thanks that one is working pretty well for both .ma2, ma1 files. I also wrote a packer to put extracted files back into .ma1,ma2 format. Here it is if anyone is interested:
Link






 
Back