• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

RYL2 Safe private server switcher for client[Updated]

You want to use it?

• Yup

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Nope

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Don't know what ur talking 'bout

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Moooooooooooooooo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Release 3.0.1:

New features:
*Web page open - So that you can download the patch from the patch server and open the webpage to register or simply if u forgot the page url.
*Added some criterias to multi support:
-If the user doen't have more than 1 client then its pointless to ask, under which you want to download a patch or the same thing under GG folder delete.

For ppl who update from previous version(v3 beta or v3.0.1 beta):
Don't overwrite your ini file. You don't need it.

Again update (v.3) [BETA]

New features:
*MULTI version support. Now you can have so many different client versions as you like. Im quite sure you can even launch RYl1 or Lineage 2 from here. Rename the lineage client exe to login .exe and it should work.
*some copy-bugs eliminated

And ppl.. Need patch servers!!

Next coming up: nicer look, online, offline images and so on...
-----------------------------------------
New update (v.2)

New features:
*Auto download of server patches
*Updates for server patches
*Multiple patch server support(ryl2_launcher_server_1.0.0.zip) - for private server owners or distributer's only
*Nice options page
*GameGuard page
*Server patch can hold hosts file - for adding redirections, for adding new GG servers
and some bugs eliminated...

NOTE: .Net FrameWork 2.0 is needed for this. I updated from VS 2003 to VS 2005pro

Get the files from the bottom of this post
------------------------------------

Hi Again,

Time for the first release(at the end of this post)
And a screenshot is there too.. Im just a programmer so don't wait for a beauty.

How the thing works u can just read from here.

Installation:
Unzip Ryl2_launcher.zip somewhere(it contains 2 files: exe and a config(ini) file.). Then edit the ini file when you dont have the ryl2 in the default dir. And then install the patches under [ryl2 dir]\Games\[server name]\

And.. enjoy. For full comptiability please be sure you have the original files(reinstall if u have installed some private server patches)

Language: VB
Runtime library's needed: dot NET Framework 1.1

AlphA

-------------------------------
Hello everybody,

Yesterday i was really bored and started to develop a little program like a RYL2 launcher.
His working style is quite simple:
1. You have somewhere a folder structure like this:
When you download a server patch, you just install it not in the ryl2 directory but in the [servers] directory, under a new folder u rename to get a name for your server(eg. C:\ryl2\servers\ryl2beta)

|-launcher.exe
L-[servers]
|-[ryl2beta]
| |-login.dat
| |-VersionInfo.dat
| |-[graphics]
| | L-lalala.dat
| L-[bla-bla-bla]
|
L-[ryl2bloodlust]
L-login.dat

2. You have a clean ryl client.

3. Process:
Now when the launcher starts up ip parses all the [servers] directory for directorys and lists them in a listbox, along with the version(from versioninfo.dat) and ip(from client.dat).
When you double click on a server name the launcher back's-up only data thats going to change to a server named [original], copys the new serevrs data from the [servers] directory to ryl2 directory. Now when you run another server, it determines what files have to be restored from original and restores them, when new files are going to be changed, it back's them up to [original] and now copys the new servers data to ryl2 directory.

If somebody is interested in this, then i develop it in english and add more features.

Cheers,
AlphA

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Moooooooooooooooo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
???? ? ? ?

I made/make this 'cose ryl is with a big size(1GB or so) and some servers get checksum error when you install another game servers patch over it. With this you have installed all server patches in another location and you just click on the name of the server and u can play.

Safe is it 'cose it backs files up and restores them which have been modified. And you can anytime restore to the original state wihout reinstalling it.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I would be interested in this.

Last edited:
Moooooooooooooooo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'l try to make the first release tomorrow(after ~24h) if im not busy at work, otherways i make it Monday or so...

After that i'l try to analyse more the ryl client and try to run the client directly from the launcher.

Moooooooooooooooo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Release

First realease done.

Features:
*Dynamic, unlimited private servers list
*Inteligent - copys only files that are needed to copy (no pointless resurce abusing)
*Server status - shows if Auth/gameserver is online or offline

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Haha and all I did was copy the RYL2 folder, Paste it next to it's self and rename it which ever patch I installed into it. This should save me some room on my desktop and HDD xD

Moooooooooooooooo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Haha and all I did was copy the RYL2 folder, Paste it next to it's self and rename it which ever patch I installed into it. This should save me some room on my desktop and HDD xD

Sure... 1-2-3 install and u dont have even a installer for that like all other do.
Hope ur happy with this :)

Moooooooooooooooo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
New release coming

Ok im developing a new version now.. Have already made 2 full days. I think/hope im ready to release it in 2-3 days. But we see..

Things im going to make:
*patch auto download
*patch updates download/notifications
*multi patch download server support(every server can start to make their own updates in their own server, without notifying me)
*Programming in VS2005 (.NET framework 2.0)
*and some other little updates

And after that what i plan: support for multiple ryl clients.

Btw. This thing works even with Ryl1 right now :)

And i attach some pictures of my workspace in home.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
lol .NET
slow yet powerfull if used the right way

btw i see you took my ideas into progress :)

Moooooooooooooooo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
half ur idea, half mine - i had the idea to make datapackets.

and yeah i smoke.. LM Blue Label (23EEK=~1,5€)

.Net has quite good thread manipulation methods and u dont have to search for h files(in c++) or for librarys(in VB). And slow.. i dont know.. i have made this program multi threaded and it starts up in 1/2sec, completes his requests for server online status in 1 sec if ur online, in 5-10sec if ur not.

Moooooooooooooooo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
new release published...

Look at first post

Moooooooooooooooo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Again updated... 3.0.1 now
repaired some problems there with the multi client.

Anyway.. try it and give ur feedback.

Next on the list:
make-up
server side client version suggestions(IU,PotE)
Maybe .reg file support. dunno right now. Maybe the host file is a better way and safer for the user

And what i need: how do i determine in local which client is PotE and which IU.The version number are the same :S (1600 seria)

Moooooooooooooooo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Seems like we have a lack of interest in this. So i shut down this project for public and make it only for myself from now on...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
ermmm, sorry i didnt reply sooner man, but i was kind of busy playing =), your launcher rocks, really, my ryl2 life is alot easyer thx to you.
Keep the good work and share it with us if you feel like it.

Samas

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
:)

Dont think because people dont reply its not an interesting program!
If people dont reply/post that means they like it and havent found bugs ;)

Else they would come back here and spam ur butt off hehe

Moooooooooooooooo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I would prefer that.

But tnx for the good comments.
I'l put the patch server back up, but i don't have time right now to develop the program, have to work and evening i watch anime (hunterXhunter)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I would prefer that.

But tnx for the good comments.
I'l put the patch server back up, but i don't have time right now to develop the program, have to work and evening i watch anime (hunterXhunter)

You could send me the source code to take over the project under your name/credits.

Moooooooooooooooo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i have a weekend before me.. who knows what will happen.

Anyway i think its a good idea you have(again :D). Lets say i'l give it to u in the beginning of the next week.

For preparing:
*Visual Studio 2005 pro
*Language Visual Basic
*OOP (not fully, but mostly.. there are some old classes that arent OOP)
*Code size: 300KB (veeeery big :D)
*Count of classes: dunno.. many

Back