• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[S4 Emulator] All files + tools Fagnet & more

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is a collection of files and tools I'm archiving since some of these are no longer available here.
For making your S4 private server, grab some of these files and refer to doneuser's wonderful tutorial: http://forum.ragezone.com/f857/short-guide-s4-league-fagnet-959061/

I have also Provided a text doc copy of doneuser's tutorial in these files with some added notes/editing.

Onto the files, here's an overview of what's inside. I choose to upload them all in one file instead of separate, so apologies for the 4gb file.

What's inside this package?

MAIN FOLDER:
*All-in-one-s4-pserver-files:
This folder has mostly pre-configured and easy setup server files and the same database, which is complete and has every item across all 4 clients provided in this archive. It works best though with the bunker s4 client (the one I use).

*Fagnet v5 (and variations)

*Run-server batch files

*s4 league p-server setup tutorial (doneuser's)

*wtfblub-trashnet
A backup of the files on blub's github (creator of the fagnet files). Includes some fixes for the older files, and other things you may need.

SUB FOLDERS:

*clients:
A selection of pre-patched (will work with the private server files) clients with emulators. Each of these is from a different private server. You have 4 you can choose from all of which are very different.
-s3 league client
-archiezone s4
-S5 League
-Bunker S4

*edited-fixed-rewrite fagnet files:
This folder contains 2 things, Huenato fagnet and the tempest rewrite.

*extras:

Just odds and ends files, I'll simply list out what's there.
-1001F update
-Beta S4 League client (EU) setup (vanilla s4 client from '09)
-Fagnet client patcher
-some misc. fagnet files and older versions
-patchexplib
-S4 Registration page files (for your private server)
-S4LeagueEmulatorPackage (found this somewhere I can't recall, haven't opened it yet. It's an exe so proceed with caution, but I've scanned it and it seems clean)

*resource tools:

A collection of a bunch of different versions of s4 league resource tools.
-old version of fagnet res tool
-1.1 fagnet res tool
-x7 (modern S4) res tool

(see waz's post for more info about all the available resource tools for more, this archive is old and missing a few things)

Download:
Code:
[COLOR=#333333]https://mega.nz/#!FtsH2YDD!8ewUJDhz8l-kbP7TK9uuiu3FRuoR5FfOegAbHLjEb5k[/COLOR]

Hope this is helpful for anyone looking for these files.

******UPDATE (old):
New Client Expanded Files, feel free to do whatever you want with em, here's a brief overview of what they have.

-No Energy System-Partial Rebalance of a few weapons for gameplay fine-tuning after months of testing
-No AP Items
-No Weapon Stats (at all, in code either)
-Some alternate weapon skins and forcepack skins (Crow CS, Guil. CS, Dragonade, Shotgun, Sigmas, etc). Alt colors as well.
-Lots of clothing, hair, accessories, etc.
-Lots and lots of maps (newer ones as well, such as: Neo-Arena, Azit-ex, Treasure, Station-3, Construction, etc.)
-Expanded soundtrack (includes some missing tunes and arcade songs), also has unique tracklists for every stage that did not have it's own songs when ported, to ensure the whole OST gets used

Download for the new Patch 9 Client I worked on:
Code:
[COLOR=#333333]https://mega.nz/#!dodEQACB!9SLzPNDwg7qIpbIlX_q9MAYDg2OrrWBgOKl7ZPEeoVk[/COLOR]

Credit to wazaaa and seyren for helping me out with a few things during work on this, and to wizzardo and others (cannot find who) for work on the client I used as a base for this.

****FINAL UPDATE*****
A quick update. Most of the tools, information and things discussed on this thread, are pretty much outdated and obsolete. The main thread archive will still stay up in-case anyone needs those files for whatever reason still, but you should be more concerned with this: wtfblub's (creator of the season 1 server files) github:

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I had created a private server to see how far FagNet could go, but it is still very buggy and is now offline. If you need proof let me know... But thanks, great release!

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks. Honestly, the files I found that the mix of fagnet and fagnet edit files I'm using right now are surprisingly okay for what they are.

Regardless though I dumped everything I had gathered while working on this since a lot of these files are no longer available. I hope others find this useful as well.

Best of luck to anyone using these.

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If you wish to expand from hamachi, I have a windows hosted VPN you could use for it, doesn't have the limit of players then. It would also be good if someone could figure a way to fix the network issues fagnet has... Because if they do I would love to host a few public servers.

In your opinion.. Which would you say is the most complete / stabe client server combo from your release?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, fagnet has some issues when you take it off of hamachi. If I recall right, a whole new slew of network issues start cropping up, at least that's what I've heard.

I'd reccomend using the files we're using, in all-in-one-pserver-package.

Server database in that all-in-one package also needs updating. It works (only one item missing I believe), but needs some fixes still. I'll post an update of the server database when that is done as well, and eventually I'll bundle these updates into the main release and update the link.

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sounds great. I will keep working on a VPN solution that could be built into a launcher... That way users won't have to get hamachi

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm curious about your rewrite. Since during my time on your server I never did have any issues with the score-crash bug, I'm curious as to how you got around this.

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Mine were based on Tempest with a few minor changes... to be honest I found them to be a lot more stable, I recommend them. If you're seriously interested in getting somewhere then add my Skype: jazzy348 I have a collection of servers that I would happily contribute into a public server. I'm sure many people would appreciate.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Definitely. Sent you a request, hopefully something comes from this.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Good thread, best source of information for S4 emulators. I want to contribute just a little.

Here are all the 6 resource tools that I know of. The dates come from the timestamp found inside of the PE headers from each main EXE file.

And here's the official patch list I backed up from alaplaya/P7S1 back to when that index was still publicly accessible. The links are still alive and downloadable (maybe someone should backup everything with HTTrack?)

EDIT:
also re-released FagNet Portable
http://www.elitepvpers.com/forum/s4-league/4014123-release-s4-league-portable.html

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I managed to fix that error a long time ago. Try to debug somewhere when the server is getting the data from players ,after-match, to save on database.

Did you manage to fix the "invisible player" bug?
Thus, why don't you make it open-source on github? I might help you.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah, it's just some fagnet v5 files with libraries from another version. It gets the job done for small scale play. Can't really be used beyond that though. Updating with the latest client build by the way as of this edit.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Updated, added new meaty Patch 9 S4 Client I've worked on.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I want to say "Thank you" to shanzenos .
You have create this S4L's compilation , and I respect your time given to this topic .
But thanks also to the developer ^^

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
A quick update. Most of the tools, information and things discussed on this thread, are pretty much outdated and obsolete. The main thread archive will still stay up in-case anyone needs those files for whatever reason still, but you should be more concerned with this:
Code:
[COLOR=#333333]https://mega.nz/#!RwNlDShQ[/COLOR][COLOR=#D90007]!pp-8OkVRLfVVL-ToGG2t0tT2x79BVXOzI-kZ8YV3hBE[/COLOR]

Last edited:
Back