Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Samsung Galaxy S4

butt > Tits
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So, March 14 will be the announcement of the new Galaxy. The past few months there have been a shitload of rumors, some contradicting, some backing each other up. One thing is for sure; If Samsung wants to keep the leadposition in the smartphone market they will have to show us some really cool things. The competition is huge, not only from fellow android brands, like HTC and Sony, but also from other platforms like Windows Phone 8 (Nokia, HTC etc) and newly introduced OS's like Sailfish, Firefox OS, Tizen (from Samsung itself) and last but certainly not least Ubuntu for Smartphones.

Below is a promotional vid by Samsung concerning the upcoming release

Ill update the thread with news and later on reviews if I find stuff worth mentioning.

Edit: How could I have missed this. If you watch the video and pause it at around 0:14 you will see the guy making a phone call with a yet unidentified phone. If you look closely you can see it's pretty large and that it has a shiny like cover. Definitely not looking like plastic.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Possible specs:

- 1,8 GHz octacore Exynos 5410
- 2GB RAM
- 4.99" Full HD screen
- Android 4.2

Would be sick if these turn out to be the real specs.

butt > Tits
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Someone ran a benchmark using the S4 (or a test device). Keep in mind that those results can easily be manipulated, but it's still something worth mentioning.

GT-i9500-in-benchmark - Samsung Galaxy S4 - RaGEZONE Forums
AnTuTu-benchmark-Galaxy-S4-300x265 - Samsung Galaxy S4 - RaGEZONE Forums

In the last attachment you see hints for the Exynos Octa core and the fact that the device supports GSM, WCDMA and LTE suggests that there will be only one version of the S4 for the entire world (unlike the S3 which had two different versions i9300 and i905) And that it will support LTE.

About the video (and this poster)
Lapje - Samsung Galaxy S4 - RaGEZONE Forums

The '4' Suggests the name of the Galaxy S4 (or SIV). Knowing Samsung they put slight hints in the poster. Like for example the metalic-like look on the Giant 4. I can only hope the case will be aluminum (like the HTC One) or something that looks and feels like it. Looking at the background you see a sort of dot-like pattern which might also be a hint.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Possible specs:

- 1,8 GHz octacore Exynos 5410
- 2GB RAM
- 4.99" Full HD screen
- Android 4.2

Would be sick if these turn out to be the real specs.

Almost better than my computer

butt > Tits
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You should keep in mind though that the Octacore isnt exactly an Octa Core. It's pretty much two times 4 cores but they share the cache and all the other poop (not too techincal on this, forgive me). This basically means they cannot run at the same time. So it's either the 'low-performance' quad core for the everyday stuff like browsing, mailing, agenda etc etc or the high performance quad core part for everything that requires the power. In the end, you basically still have a quad core SoC, but it shifts back and forth between the lower energy consumption one and the high performance one.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It looks good. I believe there will be more wonderful gadget on the market in the future. Competition generates good product. :laugh:

butt > Tits
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm actually a bit dissapointed.
Sure, the phone is nice, it has a fast CPU and a nice, large screen. But letting some fancy gimmicks aside it doesn't really have anything 'new'. I expected more of Samsung really..

On top of that, The Snapdragon 800 is coming up which runs on 2.3Ghz, a hell of a lot more than the 1.9Ghz the S4 is running on or the 1.7Ghz the One has. The design is a tad of a dissapointment really. Would have loved to see a whole new design just like they used to do every year.

Aside from that. The new Nexus is coming up and I'm very curious how that will turn out, and I just read that XiaoMi is close to finishing the XiaoMi 3, which does have that Snapdragon 800 Quadcore CPU, a 5 inch display and obviously Miui, which is boss. I've been waiting for the S4 for ages, I really wanted it. But now I'm not so sure about getting it. The difference between the high end brands (Samsung, HTC) and the smaller ones are getting slimmer and slimmer..

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
so wait, are they aim this phone at kids? becuase thats what the ad seems to be doing...

Sure, the phone is nice, it has a fast CPU and a nice, large screen. But letting some fancy gimmicks aside it doesn't really have anything 'new'. I expected more of Samsung really..

On top of that, The Snapdragon 800 is coming up which runs on 2.3Ghz, a hell of a lot more than the 1.9Ghz the S4 is running on or the 1.7Ghz the One has. The design is a tad of a dissapointment really. Would have loved to see a whole new design just like they used to do every year.

so the 14.4Ghz isnt faster then that?

butt > Tits
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Oh wow, you cannot add the ghz up like that. Thats NOT how a CPU works..

Also, Ghz is just one factor which detetmines the CPU speed. Your post makes no sense.

Reaction score

Aside from that. The new Nexus is coming up and I'm very curious how that will turn out, and I just read that XiaoMi is close to finishing the XiaoMi 3, which does have that Snapdragon 800 Quadcore CPU, a 5 inch display and obviously Miui, which is boss. I've been waiting for the S4 for ages, I really wanted it. But now I'm not so sure about getting it. The difference between the high end brands (Samsung, HTC) and the smaller ones are getting slimmer and slimmer..

The Snapdragon is coming out "soon". The processor hasn't even been released. There's no way that anyone can base a phone which is being released this year on a chip which is still in production. The current phones are using chips which came out 9-12 months ago. The ones coming out "soon" you will see in phones 12+ months from now.
Oh wow, you cannot add the ghz up like that. Thats NOT how a CPU works..

Also, Ghz is just one factor which detetmines the CPU speed. Your post makes no sense.

Yea iono these last few months he's made absolutely no sense & seems to have forgotten any IT knowledge he once had. Meth addiction?

Back