Security these days...

Skilled Illusionist
Joined
Dec 26, 2010
Messages
387
Reaction score
156
I'm amazed about how government agencies, universities, colleges, etc are so unsecure these days. Websites are being exploited by SQL injection, which is fairly easy to get rid of. It's just a surprise.

I would expect "high" corporations or big government things to be "highly protected", not easily injectable via SQLi and being able to dump personal records, emails, and user accounts.

I also laughed when I read this article stating that the Syrian President's password to his e-mail was 12345.

Purely amazing.
 
Last edited:
The only truly shocking one of your examples is Government and there subsiding agencies. Schools, Colleges and Universities usually use a pre-built package such as Moodle to handle the register, coursework and student records. Seeing as Moodle and most of the other solutions marketed to Schools and Colleges are open-source it only takes one disgruntled student from a school to locate a 0-Day in the package, and then the news spreads like wild-fire to other students thinking they’ll have some “harmless” fun.

Most of the time, these vulnerabilities occur from the fixing of another problem.
 
Back