Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Server Idea Feedback

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm coming back to this from a long time ago, but really want to play this. The mobile version was horrendous.

I used to run my own servers but no longer have a desktop to handle this. I'm looking at creating a website for a business soon, just for use of my private circle of friends, since I like a certain balance of drop rates.

My question is, what would I be looking for or searching for in a web host to be able to run this, or is this only possible with a dedicated virtual machine? Thanks!

Reaction score
Welcome back!

Not sure if I understood this correctly, but Cabal doesn't run on mac (the idea was scrapped fairly quickly after ESTSoft released the client for it) and it's not supported in anything, but windows (client, that is. To play the game).
The server itself runs in linux, but using docker/VM of any kind - can host it wherever.

The game itself will not run inside of a website, nor you'll be able to put it there in the first place.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
1) Welcome back!

2) The server itself runs in linux, but using docker/VM of any kind - can host it wherever.
The game itself will not run inside of a website, nor you'll be able to put it there in the first place.
1) Thanks!

2) So there's no kind of servers I could put my website on that I could also run this for up to 5 clients?

I have my DNS up but no hosting plan. I don't have a tower to run dedicated like I used to (the only way I know how). So I thought maybe there are paid servers or something since I haven't like signed up for wordpress or wix or anything? I'm old school and used to DIY, so I have NO CLUE what's out there, or what to look for (if it exists lol).

So for elaboration, I am basically asking: It can't run on a regular web host, or hosts I could run these linux commands from just don't exist?

Upvote 0
Reaction score
1) Thanks!

2) So there's no kind of servers I could put my website on that I could also run this for up to 5 clients?

I have my DNS up but no hosting plan. I don't have a tower to run dedicated like I used to (the only way I know how). So I thought maybe there are paid servers or something since I haven't like signed up for wordpress or wix or anything? I'm old school and used to DIY, so I have NO CLUE what's out there, or what to look for (if it exists lol).

So for elaboration, I am basically asking: It can't run on a regular web host, or hosts I could run these linux commands from just don't exist?
I feel like I'm missing something here lol

Cabal website - runs on whatever website provider, preferably with full access to system, not Web builders like wix and such. There are couple websites released here for that matter.
One of the most simplest one (written on simplephp) out there - Cabal Necro one.

Cabal game (itself - aka client and server) - needs a vps for server side + database and windows for client.

Upvote 0
Back