Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Server of Japan talesweaver!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Do you have a link to the 4.04 client? On official, I see they are up to 4.51!

EDIT: Found some links here for 4.03 and 4.04 patch but no luck in downloading!

AquaLung

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
These files look pretty incomplete, especially the database. I don't run Solaris so I can't test them. On a side note, does anyone know what scripting language they're using?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
This is a complete server of Japan talesweaver, and database on the corresponding version of the v4.04 Client

Operating system:sun solaris 8/9/10

data-base:Mysql

tw.part01-05.rar, please look at: http://forum.ragezone.com/blogs/cicisammi/574-server-of-japan-talesweaver.html

tw.part06-07.rar, please look at: http://forum.ragezone.com/blogs/cicisammi/575-server-of-japan-talesweaver-6-7.html

What?
Its Use Solaris OS?
Wew its So Expensive and im Not Familiar, have u another version to Run it?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do you have a link to the 4.04 client? On official, I see they are up to 4.51!

EDIT: Found some links here for 4.03 and 4.04 patch but no luck in downloading!

AquaLung

Your client links are for the Chinese (Taiwan) version... =S

[Edit] For those of you saying "zomg, no db data!":
Am I correct to assume you consider DB data to be items, monsters, etc? Try this: Go into the "tables" folder, extract "EquippableObjects.jtales" (or if you have it extracted already, copy it for safety sake), rename to .txt and open in a spreadsheet program. If you use OpenOffice, right click, go to "Open with" and select scalc. Clock okay at the window that comes up.

If you can't be bothered...

Big butt list of equippable items, aling with lots of columns with various stats and such.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I wish I did, but they don't archive client versions that old. =(

I mean, I'll keep looking, but... Well, it's unlikely, a version that's about a year and a half old...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, it seems to be true. But ..
1.Where is the client and who can modify it?
2.I'm now working on Windows and I'm planning to install an Open Solaris on my free partition to test this.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
BTW, is anybody holding a team to work on this?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Heh, my friend was going to mess with OpenSolaris later this month, too.

What exactly are you looking for in client modification? I'm working on a translation, at the moment, and on a wiki at Wikia that will eventually have stuff open for people more skilled than me to translate. I almost have Tichiel's intro translated. That's been fun.

Also, later versions may prove able to connect to a lower version server, that's something we will have to try. Given that most data would be controlled by the server, the excess data that a later client has may prove inconsequential. Also, with more experimentation (once a server setup is established), it ma even prove possible to learn how the item tables are assembled and add item data to them. I'll have to experiment with them anyway, to translate. Item names are retrieved from the server.

Also, if you want any help, let me know. This has been something I have been waiting for for years. I have been a TalesWeaver fan for quite some time. I can remember it being pay-to-play, and Korean only.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
taarna23:
I'm also a TW fan and I've been waiting for the server for years.
mostly, "modify" the client means to make it able to connect a private server instead of official ones.
Item, monster DB seems to be text files. And it looks like a mess(probably for Japanese encoding issues).
But I still can't find a client.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Item, monster DB seems to be text files. And it looks like a mess(probably for Japanese encoding issues).
But I still can't find a client.

Ehh... Clarify? Are you talking the server stuff? Those are tab-delimited text files. As for client ones? Definitely not plain text.

Anyway, I think a good first start is try to connect with the current client... A "wrong version" error is a step in the right direction.

Well, if you'd like, send me a message on one of the messengers (if I remembered to put them in my profile), or send me a PM with IM contact info, we can try to get all this stuff worked out there.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ehh... Clarify? Are you talking the server stuff? Those are tab-delimited text files. As for client ones? Definitely not plain text.

Anyway, I think a good first start is try to connect with the current client... A "wrong version" error is a step in the right direction.

Well, if you'd like, send me a message on one of the messengers (if I remembered to put them in my profile), or send me a PM with IM contact info, we can try to get all this stuff worked out there.

I know about it. I'm trying to make some Excel files to read the tab-delimited files, and in fact, I've got something interesting.
Okay, I'll PM you later this afternoon(Beijing, China, GMT+8)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
There is no Zone Server.
The connection is impossible.

Please up-load a complete file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back