Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Setting Up a Palworld (New Pokemon Open World MMO) Server on Windows/Linux Welcome 2024!

Reaction score
Recommended Apps.

+ (Server Management)
(RCON Client, make sure to enable RCON on Server)

Ports
8211,27015,27016,25575 TCP/UDP

Windows Firewall Rules
Code:
New-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName "Palworld Server" -Direction Inbound -LocalPort 27015,27016,25575 -Protocol TCP -Action Allow
New-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName "Palworld Server" -Direction Inbound -LocalPort 8211,27015,27016,25575 -Protocol UDP -Action Allow
New-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName "Palworld Server" -Direction Outbound -LocalPort 27015,27016,25575 -Protocol TCP -Action Allow
New-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName "Palworld Server" -Direction Outbound -LocalPort 8211,27015,27016,25575 -Protocol UDP -Action Allow

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Some things to keep in mind:

1.) It is recommended to add this argument to your startup script to enable multuthreading (up to 4 cores): -useperfthreads -NoAsyncLoadingThread -UseMultithreadForDS

2.) Stay away from community listings. It's tempting to list your server publicly, but right now there are exploits that allow people to authenticate as admin in-game to a server they don't own, and they modify level.sav, changing everyone to negative attack and weight values, destroying or taking ownership of pals and bases, and even running the /DoExit command on the server, forcing it down with people online, cauing every player profile online to be overwritten with 0's, forcing people to start over. Official servers are a dumpster fire because of these people.

3.) There's a memory leak issue. Right now it's suspected to be traced back to raids. Disabling raids is supposed to be one way to aleviate it. Another is to set an automated restart schedule based on how much RAM you have and how many players you host:
16GB RAM, 8 Users every 8 Hours.
32GB RAM, 16 Users Every 12 Hours
32GB RAM, 8 Users Every 24 Hours

4.) Related to #2, server restarts bug out working pals, causing them to continue to be simulated when nobody is around, but leaving them stuck in a central point (evidence of this can be seen when you log in to your game and you see all of your pals appear from thin air at the same time above the pal box). Because they are not properly simulated, they starve, get depressed or injured or both, and when you come back all of your working Pals are broken. Best way to combat this is to...remove server restarts.

5.) There are experimental settings you can add to your Engine.ini that will boost server performance to an extent, but long-term use of these settings has unknown side effects. One setting that seems to likely cause issues is the "TimeBetweenPurgingPendingKillObjects" setting. The tweak config has this set to every 30 seconds, but I suspect this may cause some slight stability issues. I am still currently testing these settings on my server but feel free to join in. All of these entries go below /Pal/Plugins/Wwise/Content in Engine.ini:

[/script/onlinesubsystemutils.ipnetdriver]
LanServerMaxTickRate=120 ; Sets maximum ticks per second for LAN servers, higher rates result in smoother gameplay.
NetServerMaxTickRate=120 ; Sets maximum ticks per second for Internet servers, similarly ensuring smoother online gameplay.

[/script/engine.player]
ConfiguredInternetSpeed=104857600 ; Sets the assumed player internet speed in bytes per second. High value reduces chances of bandwidth throttling.
ConfiguredLanSpeed=104857600 ; Sets the LAN speed, ensuring LAN players can utilize maximum network capacity.

[/script/socketsubsystemepic.epicnetdriver]
MaxClientRate=104857600 ; Maximum data transfer rate per client for all connections, set to a high value to prevent data capping.
MaxInternetClientRate=104857600 ; Specifically targets internet clients, allowing for high-volume data transfer without restrictions.

[/script/engine.engine]
bSmoothFrameRate=true ; Enables the game engine to smooth out frame rate fluctuations for a more consistent visual experience.
bUseFixedFrameRate=false ; Disables the use of a fixed frame rate, allowing the game to dynamically adjust frame rate for optimal performance.
SmoothedFrameRateRange=(LowerBound=(Type=Inclusive,Value=30.000000),UpperBound=(Type=Exclusive,Value=120.000000)) ; Sets a target frame rate range for smoothing.
MinDesiredFrameRate=60.000000 ; Specifies a minimum acceptable frame rate, ensuring the game runs smoothly at least at this frame rate.
FixedFrameRate=120.000000 ; (Not active due to bUseFixedFrameRate set to false) Placeholder for a fixed frame rate if needed.
NetClientTicksPerSecond=120 ; Increases the update frequency for clients, enhancing responsiveness and reducing lag.

[/Script/Engine.GarbageCollectionSettings]
TimeBetweenPurgingPendingKillObjects=30

[/Script/Engine.RendererSettings]
r.ThreadedRendering=True
r.ThreadedPhysics=True

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, So my steam client has been auto-updated into v1.4.1 and I just set the server up 2 days ago with v1.4.0. So how can I update the server files to v1.4.1 to play with friends?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, So my steam client has been auto-updated into v1.4.1 and I just set the server up 2 days ago with v1.4.0. So how can I update the server files to v1.4.1 to play with friends?
If you followed the guide posted here, simply running the start up script should update your server, as it has the commands to check steam for server file updates.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you followed the guide posted here, simply running the start up script should update your server, as it has the commands to check steam for server file updates.
That's what it uses to start the server but it doesn't update anything. When I open using my Steam game trying to connect to the server it says the version is not right. So, it has to be something else in the server folder to be able to update it. Perhaps maybe a video on how to update the server files would be great. I've been trying until now hopefully I can updated my server files

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I use the following command to update my server. I do not use this guide though, no clue what's being ran in the script.

steamcmd +login anonymous +app_update 2394010 validate +quit

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I use the following command to update my server. I do not use this guide though, no clue what's being ran in the script.

Yeah that's the command in the startup script in this guide. If they're doing it another way, they're going to need to be walked through how to do it manually using command prompt

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

So how or where do you put that command? steamdb?
P/s: I already updated by having to redo the whole process but then I watched back this video and found out that I may do 1 step misplace the folder location.
The second reason is I also need to know where or how exactly to update the server files for future updates that may come

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So how or where do you put that command? steamdb?
P/s: I already updated by having to redo the whole process but then I watched back this video and found out that I may do 1 step misplace the folder location.
The second reason is I also need to know where or how exactly to update the server files for future updates that may come
Running mines on a Ubuntu vps, and I just run

sudo -u steam -s

if the script is as Pagefault404 says, then this should work on the terminal.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah, should work without the first one.. dunno if you have to enter anything else on windows. I normally don’t mess around with steam server setups.

Back