Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Should i upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Ive recently started doing that, and noticed that the game doesn't crash half way through :)

It also seems that its the Multiplayer feature on the game that just crashs.

Ahh, well I had the sidebar open and my computer crashed like 4 times lmao. Also I tried playing CA with the sidebar and I got blue screen twice. So I just blocked it.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well then just get a XP CD there like um I don't know, 20$? Also I love Vista it's nice,fast,easy to use for me. I also love how it looks but the only thing I hate about it is that installing it takes 8-10Gigs.

II'd rather just stick with this until i get tired of it or until it crashes.

Reaction score
If you don't use Aero, there won't be a huge change in the speed of your laptop.

When I play high spec games like Crysis, I switch to the Windows Vista Basic theme, just to be on the safe side.

If you don't want Aero, but still wan't to upgrade, then go for the Windows Vista Home Basic package.

None the less, Home Premium (which I have) suites all your media needs. Its well worth the price, and Aero is fantastic.

can someone tell me do you need to upgrade to the Windows Vista 64bit CD to use all 4GB? Because I have 4GB installed on my PC; but vista only see's 3.

As far as i know, Vista SP1 fixed that issue. So if you have 32 bit Vista and SP1, it SHOULD show all 4gb.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
As far as i know, Vista SP1 fixed that issue. So if you have 32 bit Vista and SP1, it SHOULD show all 4gb.

I havn't got the SP1 pack. Isn't it like a 24 hour download or something? A very long download?

I was going to, but I saw the Time Remaining and I was like, duck that.

:blush:

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I havn't got the SP1 pack. Isn't it like a 24 hour download or something? A very long download?

I was going to, but I saw the Time Remaining and I was like, duck that.

:blush:

It took me a day to download it I just feel asleep I woke up like 75% done then I come back from school 97% like 20 minutes later done :) So it felt pretty fast compared to the other stuff I had to download. Spore took me a week =X Then it didn't work LOL.

Reaction score
From ,

I've looked at the 'recommended' requirments, and my laptop meets those requirments,

Quoted From

1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
1 GB of system memory
40 GB hard drive with at least 15 GB of available space
Support for DirectX 9 graphics with:
WDDM Driver
128 MB of graphics memory (minimum)
Pixel Shader 2.0 in hardware
32 bits per pixel
DVD-ROM drive
Audio Output
Internet access (fees may apply)

I've ran vista on a 1.5 GHz, 512 ram and it didn't lagg so bad, it did take a poop long time to load at start-up

WHOOOOOO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
get at least 2 gigs of ram... 1 gb is merely enough and 1.5 gb is what you'll be running at most of the time when you are running the basic programs (firefox, thunderbird, msn for me)... a 2ghz processor is good enough but i think getting a 2.5 ghz one is a lot better?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
dont upgrade just look for a vista theme ^_^ :lol:

Vista themes are pathetic. I used to use them, and by the time I got vista, I noticed that the Themes were NOTHING alike to the real thing.

Trust me....

Let the blue screen of death only haunt those who pirate vista copys "/

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Vista themes are pathetic. I used to use them, and by the time I got vista, I noticed that the Themes were NOTHING alike to the real thing.

Trust me....

Let the blue screen of death only haunt those who pirate vista copys "/

The BSoD rarely has anything to do with rather the copy is legit or not.

And there are some shell changes that make XP look VERY close to Vista.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Microsoft Windows 7 is comming out soon.
Looks much better than vista.

I mean, think about it? Whats different in vista than XP?

The layout is the same, they operate in the same sort of way..

think about it :p
Style and DirectX 10 says everything!

Skilled Illusionist
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well, Vista slows down your com, use Xp better XD

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
XP - i would use for performance/gaming/office since it hasnt got them annoying poop in vista although u are able to disable it, it also doesnt have useless junk which uses up your memory...

Vista - for security reasons -> much more secure than XP because a lot of things.

if you want vista for the skin i suggest you use a skin package e.g. vista transformation pack, bricovista pack etc. or i see a lot of people going crazy over windows 7 which isn't coming out till around 2010 but there is a trans pack for it already.

but.. Linux still > Windows.

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
XP - i would use for performance/gaming/office since it hasnt got them annoying poop in vista although u are able to disable it, it also doesnt have useless junk which uses up your memory...
False, All OS's will have things you don't use to eat up your ram.

Vista - for security reasons -> much more secure than XP because a lot of things.
You do realize there are TONS of security exploits for Vista?
Even more than XP when it first came out, and SP1 for Vista didn't do a whole lot to secure it.

but.. Linux still > Windows.
Erm, Depends on what you're doing with your OS.

So
Dual-boot>Fanboys

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
fine i must agree vista theme sucks but then i changed to ALIEN WARE!!!! and its free

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The BSoD rarely has anything to do with rather the copy is legit or not.

And there are some shell changes that make XP look VERY close to Vista.

Yeh, when I had XP I was very curious of changing it into vista.

It's just a matter of trusting the websites eh?

Style and DirectX 10 says everything!
Well said, but you can get cracks for Direct X 10 on XP.

What I mean by that is, for games that support DX10, you can get hacks, to make the game in DX9 look like DX10.

I'm not sure about this, but I heard DirectX 10 on XP is called DirectX 9.0c. They are for high spec graphics cards that support DX10. Am I right?

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ermm...No
DirectX 9.0c, came out a LONG time ago, it has nothing to do with DirectX10

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
the dx10 hacks for xp just make the text say you have dx10 it doesnt give you any of the capabilities

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ermm...No
DirectX 9.0c, came out a LONG time ago, it has nothing to do with DirectX10

Okay, I got it wrong, just I breifly heard about DirectX 9.0c

the dx10 hacks for xp just make the text say you have dx10 it doesnt give you any of the capabilities
Theres better lighting, particles and shading quality, I think.

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Okay, I got it wrong, just I breifly heard about DirectX 9.0c

Theres better lighting, particles and shading quality, I think.

The hack does nothing for you in a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back