• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Show]Browser Multiplayer MMO Custom RPG Toolset

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That's how I roll on projects like this. I've been working on this one since Feb 28. But I am used to fast turn over times with the custom stuff I make for my gaming community.

OH and Sorry to everyone who has PMed me, I can't PM back until I hit the 15 post mark and I hate posting spam posts so I have a few more to make before I can get back to you about the project testing and dev help.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ALRIGHT...

The Skill Creator / Editor / Deleter is complete. After you set up some stuff in here you will have skills that people can take when they level...you can even set a bunch of requirements for each skill if you like. All Passive skills are auto added to the toon when it is chosen. All active skills require that you write a PHP script to tell the game engine what to do.. so the options are limitless.

For all the coding noobs don't worry I will be creating a bunch of skills for this MMO system. And you can always just make a bunch of passive skills.

This skill system makes the character system insanely customizable and opens the door for great character builds and different play styles. A player can only have 80 skills as the level cap is 80 so you can go insane making skills or only have a one or a few per level.

The Character Skill Viewer is Complete. This lets you view the skills your character has.

There is still a ton of stuff I want to add, but in the beta testing you WILL be bale to make and play a fully playable Browser MMO World. I have set up the item system to support a Cash Shop is admins what to run one.. Even the potions are set up to be GM reward and cash shop only because I don't want this MMO to be a drink-potion-athon, and it's a great way to reward players ;)

I have also added 5 new screenshots to the original post. Things are almost ready for you guys.. I just need to clean up some loose ends and do a few active skill scripts. :eek:tt1:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I spent some time cleaning up and adding to the Place-able Map Objects.. there is now over 1200 to choose from with more on the way. I want to make sure there is a nice set of Outdoor, Indoor, and Dungeon based tiles.. I still feel it is lacking in dungeon decoration so thats where I will head next.

I've already got an idea for an advanced tile seperation system to make finding what you want fast and easier but that will happen after the beta has been out for a bit. However you can make a map, use it as a zone background and build another map over top of it to make some really intricate maps ;)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Today while I was looking to do the first few skill scripts I noticed that I needed to add support for battle based buffs to do what I needed to do as some skills are buffs (Skills = Special attacks, buffs, spells, abilities) SO I started adding the buff system, which is now complete.. any skills that apply buffs will now work and all buffs are cleared after the battle is complete, or you die, or you run from the battle ;)

But while I was digging I also found that I hadn't actually enables element based resistances, I had a branch of of code waiting for it.. but I didn't have it in.. SO now that is in as well :)

I hope the shop is slow tomorrow so I can get the skills coded, because after that it's Beta Testing time!!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Today while I was looking to do the first few skill scripts I noticed that I needed to add support for battle based buffs to do what I needed to do as some skills are buffs (Skills = Special attacks, buffs, spells, abilities) SO I started adding the buff system, which is now complete.. any skills that apply buffs will now work and all buffs are cleared after the battle is complete, or you die, or you run from the battle ;)

But while I was digging I also found that I hadn't actually enables element based resistances, I had a branch of of code waiting for it.. but I didn't have it in.. SO now that is in as well :)

I hope the shop is slow tomorrow so I can get the skills coded, because after that it's Beta Testing time!!
Hell ya I wish ya luck

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wow, sorry for no updates, had to get an emergency gall bladder removal.. got home today.. need rest.. back at development in a few days.. I just need to make a few skill scripts and then get the beta uploaded to the server and give some of you guys admin rights to fool around ;)

Reaction score
Wow, sorry for no updates, had to get an emergency gall bladder removal.. got home today.. need rest.. back at development in a few days.. I just need to make a few skill scripts and then get the beta uploaded to the server and give some of you guys admin rights to fool around ;)
Wish you the best of luck recovering. Take it easy bud ;)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ALRIGHT!!

I have gotten it all uploaded and with a nice blank database (Just the starting Login Zone) so you can't create characters until I hand out some admin passes for you guys to build stuff as you require races to build characters.

Sign up for accounts at the link below and I will set you up as admins to build stuff, however here is the order at which things are built...

1.Create some races (don't put thier beginning stats over a total of 40, so distribute 40 points amongst each of the 4 main ability scores. You can but server balance is still a work in progress)

2.Create some Weapons / Items

3. Create some Monsters

4. Create a Zone or two

5. Create a conversation or two

6. Create a Quest or two

7. Create a Store or two

NOTE: To create a zoneline to another zone or into a building zone you first need to set up a Zoneline and a Waypoint in 2 different zones. Load up the zone with the waypoint in it into the zone events editor. Find the square number in the list of event variables area and enter a name into the waypoint variables textbox, something original (example: WP_WPNSHOP), make note of the zone number that is listed by the zonename as you will need it later.

Next load up the zone with the zoneline into the zone event editor and find the square number in the list of event variables area and enter the number of the zone you want the zoneline to go to followed by an * and then put the waypoint name right after it (Example: 5*WP_WPNSHOP). Now the zoneline should work.. it also works for doors. Don't worry there will be a manual and picture tutorials :laugh:

(Beta Testing Make an Account for me to Admin you)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Let me know when you have made an account and the account name so I am giving the right people building rights ;)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
WhySnif
S-P-N
Bonitalo

You all have admin status, after you log in you can access the building tools in the top right corner where you logged in. You can also make a character to get into the world now as I have made a default "Human" race and a little beginning area.

CONTROLS:

The Character Menu contains many of the controls and information areas of the entire game system. Not all buttons are available at all times, some appear as needed, like the 'Rest Button' and 'Potion Buttons'.

From here you can view your Character Sheet, Inventory, Quest Journal, Skills List, and in the near future, the 'Community Button'. More buttons will be added as needed and may change positions, that why there is only a general overview here right now.

Are the buttons you use to move your character around the world. If you are experiencing bad refresh times of flickering then you should upgrade to using Firefox 4, the browser this was developed for. It also works well on the Iphone, Ipad, and other portable devices.

This button does many actions in this game system. Under the movement keys there is a special area that tells you what this button will do if clicked. However it also lets you know when you are in a safe resting area, at whcih time you need to click the 'Rest' Button in the Character Menu Area.

This button can make you Change Zones, Start Battles, Play Minigames, Open Stores, Open Conversations and many many more actions. This is the most important button in the entire system.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Today I added the ability to collect resources for crafting. And Server Messages...

For Resource Collecting you need to set 2 event variables, one is the itemid of the item gained if successful. And the second is the itemid of the item you require in your inventory to be able to harvest the resource in question.

As a demo I have made an item for sale called the "Cactus Cutter" which you require the chop down Cacti in the next zone to gather "Cactus Arms", silly but you get the idea. Yes you must make a tool to gather, the system requires you to set one.. but you can always make a "Mining Pick" or a few for mining a bunch of stuff, or a "Herbalism Pouch" which characters need to pick plants, etc.

Before I had no way of giving the player feedback on certain actions, and now that is possible in The Server Message Area ..like for binding Souls, collecting resouces, resting and other actions. You can also go into the admin panel and send serverwide messages that start with a nice red SERVER: in front of the message to get peoples attention. All messages are constantly pruned to delete messages over 24 hours old, I may cut that down to 8 hours depending on database clutter :thumbup:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
*NEW*

- This tutorial will help everyone who is helping test the MMO Toolset and game system, with making a new zone map. It is very strait forward and includes pictures so you can follow along online!

:thumbup:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm guessing people are finding this hard to use ??

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, i find this a very ambitious project.. I was just wondering weather this would be opensource anytime soon? I would love to see the logic behind most of it.. seems very good from what i can see!
I am a PHP Developer so if you also need any help. Just give me a shout ;)
Also created an account, Username: juelpatwary.
Thank you.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It seems I need some sample data more than anything right now as the people who said they would beta test don't seem to have the time right now.

So right now I am working on a small sample world for people to play around in. The process I'll be using for the sample data is...

1) Choose an existing Lore system (Current MMO or Game World)
2) Write the server balance document so everything works together
3) Create the content.

I plan on making the entire system open source but I need to tie up all the loose ends before I can do that :):

I would love some development help but all the code is still messy and commented poorly, I want some time to clean house before giving other coders a headache over how I pulled of everything :lol:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I thought RageZone would be more active than this, no offence, but does anyone know where I should post this info to get more serious testers?

:blush:

Back