• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

SMC To Send Announcement

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
does smc connect to mssql to send the announcement or is it sent direct into gameserver
ive been looking in storedprocedures to check but not found anything as yes was just going to create a cronjob to send auto announcements every x as other announcement apps only allow you to send one message.

also looking at some storedprocedures in shard like _DeleteCharPermanently with this would we just

Code:
EXEC _DeleteCharPermanently CharName
and would delete the char as this would be a nice way to delete all those char lvl 1 that clog the database ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
does smc connect to mssql to send the announcement or is it sent direct into gameserver
ive been looking in storedprocedures to check but not found anything as yes was just going to create a cronjob to send auto announcements every x as other announcement apps only allow you to send one message.

also looking at some storedprocedures in shard like _DeleteCharPermanently with this would we just

Code:
EXEC _DeleteCharPermanently CharName
and would delete the char as this would be a nice way to delete all those char lvl 1 that clog the database ?

It is via globalmanager

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII

Reaction score
no... the stored procedure will not work... it will just UN-LINK a char from the "ACCOUNT" but the character will stay in the database almost 100% with items and everything...

im not sure what stored procedure or multi-stored procedures the game uses to flawlessly delete a character 100%, i did not really look into it a lot..

† Working in Secret †
Reaction score
But LasThief release AIO Server Manager but this delete the account with all chars i think.. So can be possible extract only the part where delete the chars withour the JID and TBUser. But noboddy have time to do it like a query or .exe.. :sleep:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
But LasThief release AIO Server Manager but this delete the account with all chars i think.. So can be possible extract only the part where delete the chars withour the JID and TBUser. But noboddy have time to do it like a query or .exe.. :sleep:

The notice is via globalserver, i got AIO source(in fact it was my idea for that name) and most of things are done sending packages to the globalmanager, notices being one those
About delete, a simple query can delete accs without characters
I may take a look at my when i get home
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
[C->S]
opcode : 0x7203
[word] : shard manager module id
[byte] : flag. 0x04: send notice
[byte] : 0x40 (unknown)
if (flag == 0x04)
{
[string] message
}

*Note it's not completely parsed I cannot identify the unknown byte till now I don't know if it differs from 1 certification to another I'm still testing it if you got it parsed correctly, tell me

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
[C->S]
opcode : 0x7203
[word] : shard manager module id
[byte] : flag. 0x04: send notice
[byte] : 0x40 (unknown)
if (flag == 0x04)
{
[string] message
}

*Note it's not completely parsed I cannot identify the unknown byte till now I don't know if it differs from 1 certification to another I'm still testing it if you got it parsed correctly, tell me

nice might beable to make a better auto announcement as one sout only allow to send one msg

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

0x4004 is the opcode of the command (notice) that is being relayed through the GlobalManager to the ShardManager.

If you remember my code for MassiveMessage, it's a somewhat similar concept in terms of wrapping the data, just for a different reason.

If you search for that constant in SR_ShardManager, you'll find the packet handler registration code for the incoming packets the exe processes. It's basically push handler, then push opcode.

Back