• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Snippet] Jump dust particle

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How to spawn particle after jump, we can see this kinda things in popular games.

this is extremely easy and lazy, it is just a last minute idea, there're too many small things that we can do to improve this game to look better
Bombi - [Snippet] Jump dust particle - RaGEZONE Forums

AI_Player.CPP
Look for this
(waiting for the
Code:
 tag to be fixed...)[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[QUOTE]
		// calculate damage from falling if any
		float newHeight = GetPosition().y;
		if((StartFallingHeight - newHeight) > 15.0f) // more than 15 meters, we gonna break something (increased to 15 meters, as sometimes on downhill we do not detect properly that we are on the ground and don't want to break legacy code)
		{
			float damageAmount = ((StartFallingHeight - newHeight))*2.0f; // if falling more than 50 meters - dies immediatelly (damage >=100)
			damageAmount = R3D_CLAMP(damageAmount, 0.0f, 255.0f);

// send damage to server
			PKT_C2S_FallingDamage_s n;
			n.damage = (BYTE)damageAmount;
			p2pSendToHost(this, &n, sizeof(n));

SoundSys.PlayAndForget(SoundSys.GetEventIDByPath(m_isFemaleHero?"Sounds/WarZ/PlayerSounds/PLAYER_GRUNTING_F":"Sounds/WarZ/PlayerSounds/PLAYER_GRUNTING_M"), GetPosition());
		}
[/QUOTE]

After this function add this conditional if
[QUOTE]		else if ((StartFallingHeight - newHeight) > 0.1f)
		{
			Flare = (obj_ParticleSystem*)srv_CreateGameObject("obj_ParticleSystem", "Env_FootDust_01", GetPosition());
		}
[/QUOTE]

btw you can add a low sound after jump in the same function, enjoy it.

here is the particle code, copy and paste in a txt file and save as .prt format
[URL]https://pastebin.com/5LZiqeGt[/URL]

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
How to spawn particle after jump, we can see this kinda things in popular games.

this is extremely easy and lazy, it is just a last minute idea, there're too many small things that we can do to improve this game to look better
Bombi - [Snippet] Jump dust particle - RaGEZONE Forums

AI_Player.CPP
Look for this
(waiting for the
Code:
 tag to be fixed...)[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

After this function add this conditional if

btw you can add a low sound after jump in the same function, enjoy it.

here is the particle code, copy and paste in a txt file and save as .prt format
[URL]https://pastebin.com/5LZiqeGt[/URL][/QUOTE]

wow nice release, i wish new weapons sounds (fire,reload etc.)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
totally lmaoo that would be awesome in cars with wheels marks decals too, tho I was thinking in footstep decals too

I can do it!, i guess...
Reaction score
totally lmaoo that would be awesome in cars with wheels marks decals too, tho I was thinking in footstep decals too

wouldn't be hard to get a normal map for that, could try to get something like that for you later when i will be back

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thanks Bombillo,But I think add runs would be better just jump is not enough.

Back